by Marmite 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm pretty sure I know this brother.

• cattails
    cattails

Hey, aka Marmite.

We just had this talk by a CO sub.

He didn't mention anything about the Millions.

Sure sounds strange to point that out. It is one of the things that woke me up about the Society.

We have the green cover booklet of that name in the local KH library. When going over the Revelation

book this last time I took the Millions booklet and photocopied it and brought it to the bookstudy.

I got all kinds of strange looks for doing it. I'm sure that CO probably was given strange looks too.

Maybe he's out to smoke out any independent thinkers who are thinking of looking into the Society's past.

http://cattails.info/images/cattails_8yyb.jpg

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You know, sometimes a person can say things like that without realy realizing that their subconsious is voicing doubt. It's like their mind just wants to "try on" the doubt, before confronting it head-on. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's a possibility.

• yknot
    yknot

Hooray!

I hope yall can assist him.

It sucks to go through the let-down alone.

HAPPY DANCE TIME!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If I heard a CO giving a talk that would get the rank and file thinking, I would keep my big mouth tightly shut and let him get on with the job without raising suspicions at headquarters.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Marmite, is this CO about 40 years old, reserved, thoughtful, intelligent and a little self-effacing?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's such an obscure point that I certainly never knew after being raised in the troof and being a dubbie for 35 years. I only learned that point from the internet quite recently, so it's hard to imagine how this CO didn't learn it from the internet or some 'apostate' source. No wonder they are getting rid of CO's entirely.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

We just had this same talk and there was nothing about the millions will never die -thing.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I don't think that's an obscure point at all and I didn't join the cult until late 1979. It is, however, very odd that he would even mention it, let alone go on and on about it. He just very well may be trying to get an apostate point across. That is how I'd take it.

• the research lady
    the research lady

The title of the lecture given in 1918 was "Millions now living will never die" The title of the book printed in 1920 was "Millions now living will never die". The cover of the book The Harp of God printed in 1921 also says "Proof conclusive that Millions now living will never die". This statement was later changed to "Millions now living MAY never die". Now come forward to the new book "What does the Bible teach? printed in 2005 and read what it says on page 57 par. 2 ---meanwhile we all die". Which statement should we believe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit