Apostate CO?

by Marmite 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Marmite
    Marmite

What would you think if a CO said the following things from the platform? During a talk entitled The Spirit and the Bride keep on saying "Come" he goes off at a tangent talking about how from 1920 to 1925 we said "Millions now living will never die". He went into great detail about how at first the title was "may" but was changed to"will". He stated "it's a very interesting period if you research it" and "it's 90 yeas ago now".

Why draw attention to a false prophecy that way?

I have created a new ID to post this, if he is apostate I don't want to draw attention to him but I just thought it was odd. Has anyone else noticed their CO saying strange things from the platform?

• ninja
    ninja

one time our CO was acting weird....he gave a talk stripped to the waist........unfortunately.......he was stripped from the waist down........one of the sisters at the front of the hall had a stroke.....the rest couldn't reach

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

he has had his awakening....I am almost sure of it.

It is exactly how I responded to learning the real truth. I used the platform to draw attention to these very kinds of points.

I'd like to connect with this CO...I'll send you a PM Marmite.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I've got to say that is highly unusual. I did have a CO who used to say some crazy things complaining about the org, making fun of previous leaders and giving me his take on various doctrines and prophesy. However, as odd as he was, he'd never say that stuff from the platform. The only time he would mention any of his non-borg approved comments were when it was just us. Even if I turned him in, his credibility would trump mine so I guess he felt like he could say whatever he wanted to.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

WOW! Me too Marmite, can you give me a little more info about him in a PM?

BF

• Marmite
    Marmite

The Oracle and BonaFide, you have PMs.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I remember "freaking out" a CO once with something I said to him but that's about it. It is possible that this CO your talking about is seeing clearly.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Absolutely, this CO is taking a different tack... He knows the shit under the flowers stinks.

I have had similar experiences....

• Balsam
    Balsam

I had a CO tell me once that the Society had overstepped their Godly authority in telling women what kind of birth control they could use. I nearly fell out of my seat I was shocked. He told me and my husband (an elder) that we had to use our good sense and medical knowledge to make such decisions not religion. Well I tell you we couldn't even speak we were so shocked. We had gone to him about me having a surgery to have my tubes tied so I wouldn't continue to get pregnant because I was too old for birth control. I so appreciate his honesty with us now. Also had an elder one time throw out that the society makes mistakes like about vaccinations being called dangerous before we became witness.

Ruth

• oompa
    oompa

Hi ruth....hope you guys are well. it seems like ages ago when we first met.....me just one week on jwd and already at a meetup.........

one of the oddest things i had a co do was become of the annointed when he was about 40 which was about 20 years ago...........lol.........his wife got the calling about six months later....LMAO!!...........oompa

i heard he had a serious mental breakdown about ten years after his calling......sad......very nice guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit