Where would you go(are you gone)?

by Koiné 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Koiné
    Koiné

Hallo,

I would like to discuss some items in one topic:

1)Most of the people who left Jehovah's Witnesses also left institutional christianity,I mean they did not join another group (or did they)?

What could be the reason therefore?

2)Reading the posts my feeling is that a lot of the forum members also have a lot of doubts in the bible itself. Some do not believe (any more) in creation,the fall,the flood , the Kingdom etc. or become openly biblecritics.

Is this because of their dissapointment with JW or are their other reasons?

Can you be a Christian without belief in the core bible doctrines?

3)When YOU (have) left JW which group would you prefer?

Greetings

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I want to be a Christian now, but most of the other churches I've looked at in my area are unappealing.

I live in Texas and the hard core fundamentalism here is a turn off, ugh. Too much rapture, gay bashing and Republican politics mixed in for this Independent liberal mystic!

Still looking. *G* Some liberal doctrine non-denom church would probably suit me. A few of the more liberal Presbyterians or Lutheran churches I've found moderately attractive too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just have a problem with belief systems where I have no input and doctrines are formulated by people I've never met. I prefer doing my own reading, research, and evaluation and believing what I'm comfortable with. I don't require an institutional label any more than I require the agreement of other "believers".

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

I like the UUs. I'm Wiccan.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i am ex witness, i was oppossed to "religion" before i became a witness, i thought the witnesses were different i was wrong and very young and idealistic, they are no better or worse than all "religion". as to how i feel now, i dont opposse peoples "religion" or "faith". i now honestly see "religion, faith and god" as a good luck charm, an insurance policy etc. if there is a god, and i dont know the answer to that, he certianly isnt interested in humankind for obvious reasons, or we just dont know how it all works. i suppose i would say i live this life as know its all ive got, but do belive that the human spirit, infact all animal kind is in some way eternal.

• sspo
    sspo

Don't believe in religion any more and will never join another one because the bible i feel is not inspired.

My only struggle is that evolution does not provide the answer or make sense that we came out of nothing.

On the other hand "God" could do a better job as a "father" in revealing himself.

Be a decent man and help others whenever you can.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I went to Jesus Christ and things have been working out quite well for me. I don't care for religion, all the different denominations have their little quirks but it all is pretty much the same old.

If you are disgruntled with religion but still have a belief in the Bible I would encourage you to try seeking Jesus outside of the walls.

If you don't believe in the Bible, I would encourage you to just read what Jesus spoke and give it try, see for yourself if what he says has value for you or not.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Gone. I no longer believe in a supreme being.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Hi , all,

"today" it is the time when Jehovah is fulfilling this (His ) work;

Isaiah 42:

16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
    I will turn the darkness into light before them
    and make the rough places smooth.
    These are the things I will do;
    I will not forsake them.

Jesus said to seek first the Kingdom of God, (Matt 6:33 ) so , all of us who want to be christians have to obey this comandment of Jesus , and the Father will proceed with us according to His promesses in Isaiah.

in fact now is the time when all religions (including that of JW's ) are proven being wrong , and all people discerning that are invited to get out of them and to prepare to enter in the Kingdom (of God ).

The Kingdom is at the point of coming on earth ! please see Rev. 22:7-17.

Be trustfull !

"mindmelda" ... are you texan ? and wanting to be christian ?

see here , may be you may have someone in your neghbouring ....

• Dagney
    Dagney

1.) I think many have not joined other churches because at first they may have felt "religioned out." The JW routine takes so much out of a person, the idea of being required to attend another institution seems sort of repulsive. Generalizing here.

Then sometimes sooner or later, the desire to meet up with a group for worship sounds appealing. Or some find spiritual fulfillment in other ways like spending quality time with their family, volunteering, focusing on self improvement...whatever. Just my opinion.

2.) If you look at the Bible honestly, you know there are contradictions galore. Then comes the choice to ignore the inequities and rely on faith in the "good book" no matter what, or investigate the Bible itself. It's really all about faith.

There have been fascinating discussions here between believers and non-believers. If you take creation, no two Christian faiths believe exactly the same about it. The WTBS is distancing itself from their original doctrine regarding creation. As far as the flood, well, if you read the science, or even just think about what would have to happen in a global deluge, it would spark some doubts. But if you want to have faith the flood happened just as the Bible says, no matter what scientists say, then again...it is nothing more than a faith issue.

Yes, it usually starts with disappointment in JW. But when you realize they didn't come up with their doctrine, most of it came from elsewhere, you begin to see JW's are just a speck in the world and in the stream of time. Some have had horrible experiences within the JW, and that would put one off from anything JW, or even religious.

A Christian is defined as a follower of Christ. There can be quite a variety between Christians of what a core doctrine is of the Bible. I see some don't agree on what one has to do to be "saved." That in and of itself, for me, leads me to question a god who wants no one to die, and everyone to live, who makes it so vague as to what he requires to do so. That's just me.

3.) I haven't a clue.

Good luck on your journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit