Lovebombing =Pats on the back for me going back to Meetings...I want to punch someone!!!!

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

I count those pats as unwarranted invasions of my personal space. It's not like they've taken the time to really know me. I cut down on the touching by remaining standing until the meeting starts. That way I can back up if I want to.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i always remember my first meeting,(basford nottm) everyone welcomed my wife and myself we were only in our early 20s. we went home to our unbeliving relatives telling them of the wonderful welcome we had recieved and how this was gods people. we didnt tell them about what happened the next time we went and everyone practically ignored us, we went home and cried. if only we had seen it for what it was (love bombing) then we wouldnt have wasted 7 years of our young lives, having said that the x wifes now back in it. i met her one day after not seeing her for a number of years, i think she came over to convert me, when i told her i wouldnt be going back, her eyes just glazed over and she beat an hasty retreat.

• lalaa
    lalaa

I love the term"LOVE BOMBING". I can only remember being loved bombed once...that's when I got reinstated back in 2001. I only got reinstated because I still lived at home and it made my mom feel better. After a week the love bombing went away and I was marked as bad association since I was DF'ed.

• wavvy
    wavvy

One of my most recent 'love-bombs' came in an email from a 'sister':

"We love you...miss you etc....", but the PS was stunning: "Prov 16:18 - Pride comes before a fall"

What??? I don't think I was ever that insensitive even at my peak!

• loosie
    loosie

Next time someone pats you on the back tell them that you have a slipped disk in your back and when they pat you it hurts so please do not pat my back. Word will get around and they will stop patting you on the back.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Part of me would believe they mean well. Part of me would find it condescending in the extreme. Part of me would feel sorry for them for being so ridiculously arrogant and presumptuous. And part of me would be relieved that at least my cover is working so I can continue to come and go as I please.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

ps - sorry your wife is feeling depressed. hope you guys get through it.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

they DO mean well, most of them. jesus christ you people...

they are GENIUENLY happy to see you there, because they THINK that associating with their cult will help you.

THEY ARE MISGUIDED.

i would venture a guess that 95 percent of them have no other agenda but to help you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

007..You have no one to blame but yourself..You know the rules..You know what will happen.......Do you really want to repeat that wonderful experience?.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its just that they feel confirmed when they see other people just as stupid as them.

I hope your wife is doing well !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit