Lovebombing =Pats on the back for me going back to Meetings...I want to punch someone!!!!

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

After being away for 3 years I have agreed to attend some Meetings with my wife who is suffering depression. She has no friends except Witnesses. Every Meeting I get pats.......pats on the back during the damn Meeting, Elders and Servants patting me on the back, mouthing "hello" giving me the thumbs up.....the last Elder who did it, I almost stood up and punched him....I INVENTED LOVE BOMBING and they dare use it on me...ME! I played the game for 10 years Pioneering/Servant so it's like an insult to my intelligence. If it helps my wife, fine, but otherwise I don't give a Rats ass about meetings Witnesses and fake love.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

For the record i would never punch someone....just feel angry!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I hear you about fake love!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The lovebombing gets me totally ill......my wife has just started another study with this woman who is being oh so nice to her and the other day when she was on the phone with her she told my wife how she 'loves her'. Well my wife things this is just so wonderful....we are supposed to meet with these folks and read the chapter in bible teach on God's Kingdom.....I think it may be a good time to ask the sister and her husband (if he is there) if they have any friends who used to be JWs...., need to think of a good way to state this.

What amazes me is my wife is so skeptical of most people who are trying to be her friend, but she does not see that as soon as she has stopped any study, these 'friends' don't even call her back, unless a need to place a magazine or a book. Secondly when she has tried in the past to ask a 'study sister' to go to the mall or something with her, they always have something else to do.....the relationship is all built around counting time.

Love bombing is such a disgusting thing, but it sure preys well on those who are not confident in themself....

• marketman
    marketman

Oh God... this love-bombing thing is making me nuts... I never heard the term before joining this forum. I have been such an unsuspecting victim of this "tactic." Don't JWs see through their own guise? Don't they see that this behavior is an abomination to true Christianity... Do you think Jesus would have met the Samaratin woman at the well and then after they talked he walked away and pretended it never happened...

I can't see how they can delude themselves into thinking that this behavior toward others is rooted in love and compassion -- the things they always talk about... I could absolutely kill the guy who drew me into this -- making me think we were such buddies, such good friends... he would send me text messages at work every day before and after management meetings... they would say... "Thinking of you big guy..." "You can do it bug guy..." "I have faith in you, big fella..." "I care about you, man..." and on and on and on... How could I not feel good...

Now, it's been over 5 weeks and have not heard or seen anything of him....

Damn... I could kill him...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Punching grown men is underrated, when warranted.

• blondie
    blondie

I hated it when they come up and say that they missed you, and it has been 3 years, not a phone call or a card or a visit (even unscheduled). I always let them know that I noticed that they did not keep in contact and that it makes their statement of missing me insulting.

It slows down the love-bombing.

Blondie

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They DID visit us "Blondie" Oh yes...DURING WITNESSING TO PLACE MAGAZINES....this even angered my wife, no social calls just counting time.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I went back to two meetings when I moved to Houston about 6 months ago, mostly out of loneliness and, also, a Witness I'd known 20 years ago started "love-bombing" me because she found out I was back here through my JW parents.

Yeah, I got the love for about 2 weeks, but when I didn't respond as programmed to some of it, I quickly got put back on "ignore".

She sends me occasional forwarded emails she sends to the rest of her email list, and these little "cheer up" online cards because she believes my problem is "just depression" (I told her I went to a therapist, but not what I discussed with him) but the few times I called just to talk, to be friends, she was too busy. She's one of these super Witnesses who works, pioneers and homeschools her kids, she barely has time to turn around twice.

I have "worldly" friends who are busy too, but they take the time to talk to me. And I get genuine love and encouragment from them, not WTS prescribed love bombings.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of the love bombing is sincere enough, they really think it's what you need to get back to the bliss of drinking their koolaid, that'll fix it all. Then they can go back to treating you as usual, which is like dirt or to be pitied if you don't become SuperWitness.

My problem was never that much with other Witnesses, so love bombing was enjoyable (I love hugs as much as anyone!and am quite a touchy feely sort), but it never worked for me. Of course, that's all YOUR fault in Witnessland. Nothing is wrong, nothing is wrong...except half of any given congregation is suffering from "depression".

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

My Ex-husband and I were born-in JW's.

He exited the org about three months before I did.

And when he left i got love-bombed by the congo.

I'd been a JW my intire life and been mostly ignored, but suddenly, now that they were afraid of losing me, everyone was fauning over my every word.

It disgusted me, after that I couldn't leave fast enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit