Illegals not allowed positions of responsibility?

by ElderEtta 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In Australia we do allow "illegal aliens" to get baptized...last years we had 2 Brothers from Mars and an old couple from Venus get baptized...Boom Boom! Crap joke of the day!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I disagree with a lot of stuff within the JW's and especially the WTS. But I really don't like this paranoia, where some members of this forum will practically denounce JW's for breathing.

I fully agree. It only looks too extreme to pick on WTS for every last thing they do. There's plenty of things against them, but they occasionally act just like a regular "church" or comparable religion.

I love the name "ElderEtta" by the way.

• VIII
    VIII

Where I am there are lots of illegals. Lots. Latinos, Polish, Russians, Asians and just about every country in the world. They are allowed to give talks, go D-t-D, street preach, e-mail bomb people, book studies, just about everything. The only thing I have not heard them being is Elders. The congs need brothers and when they snag one they will take what they can get. If they have to allow him priviledges to keep him happy, they will.

Then again, if he's single, there is always a single American sister to marry him off to to gain him citizenship. My mom told me of 3 weddings she went to last year. All brothers from other countries marrying sisters from the USA. (cough, cough)

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Such a contrast with the small church groups in ca. USA. There are many latino churches that comfort the "illegals" just the way Jesus would.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't have a problem with baptising a believer in Christ. JWs OTOH. . . seriously, to pick on this is being petty-not that the WT is NOT two faced about such little morality issues, but if they want to be baptised, they are not given automatic citizenship with it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

And remember to dubs being baptized into "Jah's org" is necessary for survival. They are being "kind" to these illegals by allowing them the opportunity for everlasting life. Remember too that an illegal is to be encouraged to apply for legal status. I know this is all BS for us who have left but for JW's it makes perfect sense. As it did for many of us when we were in.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My baptism was delayed as our Income Taxes were not up to snuff, not filed or something, it was many years ago.

I could not help that my ex-husband had not done the taxes, but since I was attached to him it reflected on me.

An elder from the congregation took an interest in my lack of progress as I had not been baptised and

got things turned around.

I am surprised that illegal aliens can even be baptised.

purps

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have a hard time with this. It is so hard (and expensive) to come here legally. And when you are seeing your family live in abject poverty, you are wont to do anything you can to provide for them, legal or not. Regarding the WTS, I don't see how they're doing anything wrong in this regard.

My husband volunteers at a local church tutoring children of illegal Latino immigrants. One of the things he was told in training is to never ask the children where they are from or where they are born. Don't ask, don't tell. We're trying to help them. Sending them back isn't going to benefit these children.

This is a good place for me to give a plug for http://www.kiva.org. You can give microloans (as little as $25) to help people in South/Central American (and all over the world) succeed as entrepreneurs so that they have no incentive to come here illegally. We've been doing it for years and we love it.

Purps, I think you're a Kiva member, too, aren't you?

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit