Introducing myself.........

by awildflower 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ataloa
    ataloa

I was on the virge of suicide because of my marriage and depression over the things I was seeing in this org. It is such a bigger world than we ever knew.

That sounds just like me, awildflower. Glad we made it out. Welcome to the board.

• inkling
    inkling
    I am totally out of religion but I've never been more spiritual. I read things like the Tao from Wayne Dyer and I'm currently into Gregg Bradens books. I'm not looking for new 'beliefs' just exploring this wonderful world and life for what it is.

This is, in my experience, a quite wonderful place to be. To attempt to see, to the best of our limited ability, the
    world we find ourselves in as it actually is. Easier said than done, to be sure, but a noble pursuit nonetheless.

I definitly believe in God and his son Jesus and everlasting life, no matter what form that will take.

This confuses me. Your say you are "totally out of religion", and yet you are sure of the truth of those three rather
    specific religious claims? I'm not being critical here, I am just curious. What about those three things (The existence
    of the God of the Bible, a supernatural Jesus, and the reality of everlasting life) separate them from the other beliefs
    you have abandoned, and allows then to stand when the other beliefs have fallen when you take away the scaffolding
    of religious dogma?

It is such a bigger world than we ever knew.

This is SO true. I remember it finally sinking in how vastly more complicated and nuanced and textured and DEEP
    life was than I ever let myself see before. My wife at one point said: "It feels like I have been living my entire life
    in a holding pattern. For the first time I can actually start living it."

Welcome!

[inkling]

• inkling
    inkling
    This may sound silly, but sometimes I wonder if the internet is not alluded to in scripture??"And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth." - Rev12:16

Just a thought.

erm... sorry, you lost me there.

[inkling]

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! We are happy to have you here!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't have a lot of depression when I was associated with the Jehovah's Witness people, but I did have anxiety caused (I later found) from phobia indoctrination all the way back to age 7.

It was done on purpose by malevolent Witness people who knew exactly what they were doing. It was a pretty nasty thing to do to a kid and an adolescent. I made a job of challenging those fears one by one and not one was real.

Of course the base coat is theism. I didn't get very far in challenging my fears before the subject of theism came up. Interesting that the two guys who helped me work through the theism superstition issues were a Catholic Jesuit and a United States federal judge. I owe them so much. They're both dead now. I still miss them.

• inkling
    inkling

Of course the base coat is theism.

hmm, "base coat"...

I like that.

[inkling]

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome, AWildflower! Good to have you on board!

You mentioned feeling so bad that you considered suicide - that was my situation, too, in part. When it got to the point that I felt like destroying myself, that was time to leave!

Glad that you made it thru that part and are on the upswing! Also happy to hear your kids are right there with you! Some people have lost their children to the indoctrination...

Anyway, Welcome! Zid

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome AWildflower,

Wow sounds like you have made the rounds and experienced a lot both inside and out. Funny how our kids can be the instrument of awakening us. The death on my middle so awakened me and my other two sons left just after I did. It's good to be out isn't it.

Have you ever read Donald Walsh books their along the same line of throught of Tolle of living in the NOW. We all regret living in the WTS world but it was so familar and safe to us.

Is it any wonder the WTS does not want its followers to read or listen to any outside information, it brings it tumbling like a house of cards in a very slight breeze. Hope your kids are out too and doing well.

Welcome to the group,

Ruth Baker

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more of your stories.

From another Tolle fan,

Am

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Welcome WildFlower!

I too was the 'sister' with the unbelieving mate. Half the time, while I was in, I couldn't tell if I was looked down upon or just pitied because of that. But like you and so many others, The Internet opened up a world of information I never had access to and within a few months of reading and researching, I broke free of the WT chains.

You're in good company and thanks for posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit