Introducing myself.........

by awildflower 39 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi all, I've been reading this site for about a month now and decided it was time to jump in. It is truly a blessing to have people who know exactly what we are going through. Some background, I'll keep it short:

I'm 38, married a Navy man, returned to my childhood religion as a JW, got baptized, lived for the past 14 years as a Navy wife and a JW at the same time (which is a story in itself). I was the ideal JW, volunteered for absolutely everything, did as much as I could as 'the sister with the unbelieving mate'. Raised the best JW kids, you know the story. We settled in our current state, had and incident with my then 17 year old, unbaptized son which showed me a side of the org I never knew existed (which is also another story in itself!) My fade has been happening ever since for about a year now.

When Oprah had her class with Eckhart Tolle that's when things really started opening up for me. I was on the virge of suicide because of my marriage and depression over the things I was seeing in this org. It is such a bigger world than we ever knew. I am totally out of religion but I've never been more spiritual. I read things like the Tao from Wayne Dyer and I'm currently into Gregg Bradens books. I'm not looking for new 'beliefs' just exploring this wonderful world and life for what it is. I definitly believe in God and his son Jesus and everlasting life, no matter what form that will take.

I've read both of Ray's books which just helped me be able to make that firm 'no' against this blood guilty org. Not one brother or sister has tried to contact us since January when I officially stopped going. I guess that's the sadest part. In the 4 years I've lived here I have had or invited every single person to my house for entertainment and no one calls to see where we are. And I don't care. I'm always suprised by how quickly the WTS crumbled for me by simply looking up a couple things! I think this org is in trouble because of the internet.

So my stories a lot like you all here. It's just a repeat. I feel happier than I've ever felt before. The damage is done though and some repairs are taking place in my life. But I really want new friends for me and my children, 18 and 13. I look forward to posting more and starting some threads.

Thanks

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi awildflower

you've come to the right place. Thanks for sharing your story

ql

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Wildflower! We are so glad you are here.

Glad you like the Tolle books... they really do change one's perspective and life for the better if one is open to them. I loved "Power of Now" even more than "New Earth".

Love,
    Baba.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi! Those books literally changed my life and opened up a whole new field of reading and study for me and just made all the WT info look like a childs book. Not that they didn't serve a purpose for me at one time, but then we grow up! Hopefully!

• ninja
    ninja

hi wildflower....I'm ninja....I like guinea pigs.....I'm the global village idiot

• awildflower
    awildflower

Greetings ninja! And leavingwt!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AWildFlower.........Welcome to JWN!!...........You are going to meet a lot of people here, with storys just like yours........Your not alone.........................................OUTLAW

• VIII
    VIII

Welcome

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Hi awildflower:

Welcome. You will have friend's here. How are your children doing? Have you been open with them about your change in beliefs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit