Would the "Society" buy a house for an ex-CO?

by bronzefist 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Eighty something Brother Emshoff (sp), now living in Las Vegas, has said that the "Society" has bought a house for him to live in. This doesn't sound like the "Society" that I've known for 20 years. Does anyone know if these tightwads would do something like this? My guess is that someone in his congregation is allowing him to stay in a house they bought. brzfst

• asilentone
    asilentone

Good for him, he was CO for 40 years, well he deserves it, maybe they do not want bad publicity after they put him to the pastures.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Ha Ha

One of the brothers in my husbands family left the circuit work because of ill health.

He was almost two thousand miles from home and they did not even offer him the gas money to get home.

y

• Waffles
    Waffles

If I had to guess I'd say that maybe some rich, appreciate JW got them a place to live. The $ociety is cheaper than 2 Jews in a dollar store.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Just been informed he's in California not Las Vegas. Anyone in the soon to fall into the ocean state know him? brzfst

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I know him, he was my CO in the 1980's.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Is that brother Dwayne Emshoff? He used to be a circuit servant in Cleveland for a time.

I here he also has a brother. If it is Dwayne, he always seemed well taken care of.

• restrangled
    restrangled

There was a Don Emshoff who was removed as a CO. He had a taste for young beautiful girls. If this is him, and the age sounds right, there is no way the Society would have purchased him a home.

r.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Maybe he knows something that they want kept quiet. I'd say he doesn't own it, it's just a real estate investment. Dude's only got a few years left, then they'll be able to sell it.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

restrangled...it is Don Emshoff and the last I heard was that he was in Las Vegas chasing showgirls (thought that was said as a joke though). He's in California now, and he told a friend that the "Society" bought him a house. jaguarbass...Dwayne might be a fleshly brother. brzfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit