New member - My story

by allelsefails 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

Allelsefails Welcome friend....
    I know just how your feeling.NOT NOW!!!!
    I was there when they kicked me to the curb in 1987
    I had been there 25 years. But when I admitted I didnt believe
    Jesus came invisably in 1914 ,I was d/f.
    I thought of killing my self. I thought I was Judas.
    What you are going through is withdrawal. What we were
    taught was just as damaging as "Crack",Hard to drop it.
    Have you read C of Conscience ,if not please read it.
    It does get MUCH BETTER. All the friends on here care...
    I am the Granny on board. So my advice to you ( not all agree)
    is PRAY to the Creator. Dont throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater
    I also havent found any religion ,but I truthfully have a relationship
    with Christ ( I FEEL!!!!! Hang in sweetie ((((HUG))))
    Mouthy/Granny /Grace

• thomas15
    thomas15

... My whole life all I've wanted is peace....

In my opinion, you started the process of finding what you want when you picked up the Bible and started reading it. Reading is good, believing what you read is better.

I hope you continue to search my friend. Sometimes though we must cross a few stormy seas to find the calm ocean. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Tom

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks for sharing your story, does your wife still go to the meetings?

i have had the seeing your dead loved ones again too, its awful how they make you feel guilty,

and its hard realising it isnt 'the truth' and having family still in it.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Welcome to the board.

If you click on the envelope next to your name at the very top right of this page, you will find your personal messages.

You have one now.

Cameo-d

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board!! You will find much support here.

Quirky

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

allelsefails, Welcome.

Isaac

• The Berean
    The Berean

Hi: This singular p oint of view is based on MY experience. It is all I know. Please take it with required salt.

My guess is that your Mother became a Witness in an attempt to make something better of her life. The PHASE probably worked for a time. Unfortunately, children raised in such an environment can suffer a negative delayed reaction as they move on in their own lives.

Perhaps if one would look at their past or present re lationship in the organization also as a necessary GROWTH PHASE in life rather than an issue of right and wrong it would help should we later discover that dedication to a cause can done for reasons other t han simply "pure worship."

We are all at where we are due to events that are seldom current. What has been lost most often can not be recovered. All we have is this moment forward. Until we divorce ourselves from the past, we remain in it.

What I had to learn was three-fold: first, what others think and say about me is not my business; secondly, that "truth" and "lies" are little more than the same color in a different light; and third, that although I may not wish to consider it, I am alone and can not count on any other human to fufill or validate my existence.

While not without scars, t hose things that ate at me for DECADES are of little importance to me now.

I wish you the best, in confidence that you will find your own personal route to serenity . At times it may appear that ill feelings, resentment, and anger might never end. I assure you they will ... everything does.

• boyzone
    boyzone

HI Allelsefails and welcome!

You've had quite a ride there bro, but you're on the right track for the peace and serenity you desire so much. Please don't give up on faith. I know the Watchtower Society have abused your faith badly, as it has all of us. But don't let that hold you back from feeling the healing love of Jesus. He adds no pain with it, no guilt, no hoops to jump through, its all been paid for by his sacrifice. He says "Come to me all you who are toiling and loaded down and I will refresh you". Nice words, and more importantly, he means them!

Please also be assured that you do not have to be part of the Watchtower Organization to see your brother again!!! Absolutely not. So whatever you do, don't ever feel guilty for leaving this group. Remember what Jesus said? He said those that believe in HIM will live, not those that believe in the Watchtower! They are a high control cult which lays on the guilt so that people will stay. This is not the way christians are supposed to behave,and certainly not the way Jesus taught.

So please stick around and let us help you here. You'll meet people from all sorts of backgrounds, all different opinions and many different experiences. But we all have one thing in common, we've all been burned and scarred by the Watchtower Society. Welcome to freedom! x

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

If I had nuts, they'd be hurting too. LOL

My husband's mother had such a similar story in some ways! She married a Witness, (wasn't one at the time) got baptized herself back in '58 mainly to please him and because she was pregnant with my husband and was scared silly by a sister that her child wouldn't survive Armageddon unless she got dunked.

Well Armageddon didn't come and her Witness husband turned out to be a drunk, abusive and a womanizer. He cheated on her so much, she's not sure her kids are hers! (Old joke, sorry!)

Never was disfellowshipped for any of that, his parents were bastions of the congregation. He finally DID get DF'd years later for guess what? SMOKING! yep, his smoking was what they found offensive, not his beating his pregnant wife to a pulp, or drinking himself blind or picking up women in bars.

Anyway, naturally, she ended up pretty disillusioned with the whole thing, especially after she left the bum and the brothers would give her NO HELP at all because she was a bad wife who left the cheating scumbag husband to save her life and her kid's lives.

She was literally starving, no car, living with her mother and they told her to go back to her husband, and told her if she wanted to keep going to meetings, get a bus ticket, she wasn't welcome to ride with any of the other Witnesses. The only problem was, he couldn't wait to divorce her and move in with the airline attendent he'd knocked up. Well, that was enough for her. ENOUGH ABUSE...from all of them. She is kind to Witnesses she knows and to family members, but hasn't been active since. Never DF'd, just faded away, as so many of us do.

But, yeah, when you start reading the Bible without "The Borg" (WTS) looking over your shoulder, it's amazing how differently it comes across.

I'm also left not sure if religion is even a good thing or not, but I'm sure spirituality is. Hang in there. You've got plenty of company here.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Thanks for the replies. I don't feel as alone now! Too many good posts to respond individually, but know you've all helped me in my process already. Someone asked about my wife. She does still go to meetings - she likes rigid rules even though she believes more like me than the JWs. She is open minded and will listen to me, but thinks I'm over analyzing things. She has put a lot of pressure on me because I "broke my promise" to her that we would worship together as witnesses. I love her, but being pressured is not good for me right now, you know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit