Why do so many on here quote the WT and Awake when Witnesses hardly ever read them?

by BonaFide 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yeah I was an "in-one-ear-out-the-other" type person when I was a JW. It seems the best way to get you to stop being a Witness is to actually read the literature LOL.

• wobble
    wobble

When I was in I hardly read them,just scanned the Asleep mag,I used to read the Wtchtower during the study on a Sunday morning,out of boredom.So I was always placing Mags I had only glanced at.

What a waste of time,effort,trees and cash they are!

But I take Bonafides point,it isn't earth shattering to a Witless to have some drivil pointed out,or Noo Lite,he probably didn't know what the old lite was!

Love

Wobble

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here in jw fundieland, when I was in, everyone read the rags cover-to-cover. And engaged in small talk about them.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I agree that the larger percentage doesn't read them....

However, speaking for myself, to quote a WT isn't to call out the regular publishers. My beef since I left has always been with the GB. Although I know most do not read all of the articles (or read them well), I do not believe that all JW's agree with what they are taught.

To quote a WT in context against their own teachings (such as the outstanding example of hypocrisy in the June 09 Awake) is to simply point out how hypocritical they are. I have no desire to prove a typical JW wrong. It would be nice if more and more were exposed to the contradictions and hypocrisy up front, thats all....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

No one had time to read them...except DURING Witnessing...yes most people dont since it's read, read, read, READ!! You ask them about an article and they go.....

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

That's why I think when we point out something in the magazines, Witnesses antennas go up. They start thinking we are up to something.

Regular Witnesses rarely mention the magazines.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit