If you were offered the position to run the Watchtower....

by BurnTheShips 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What would you do?

BTS

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

(A) Apologize to everyone ever harmed by them (will take quite a bit of time)

(B) Sell everything off and donate 99% of the procedes to charity.

(C) Take the remaining 1% and throw a huge party for everyone on this board.

(D) Laugh my ass off.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Run the Watchtower?

I would take the job. I would find a way to use every last bit of money for humanitarian deeds.
    I would dissolve congregations and claim their land and use that for humanitarian deeds.
    The presses would be shut down within an hour of my taking over.
    Within the first week, shortly after I had done all I could do to divert the money to humanitarian deeds, I would call for a press conference.
    I would say how all members need to really support each other for the possibility that many members would not be able to handle the truth of the fact that we don't have "the truth." I would then proceed to explain the BITE method of controlling people in a dangerous mind-control cult.

I would not comment on whether there is a God, a Christ, a truth, where the members might decide to go from here.

I could have the place shut down within two weeks and I would give all the current Bethelites whatever funds I could squeeze out of the corporation as a severence pay. Local dubs would be on their own, no funds from mother- but they are used to that.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Profit.

• yknot
    yknot

I really don't know......

• dinah
    dinah

I'd burn it to the ground.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Would you feel any responsiblility to the millions of psychologically, emotionally, spiritually dependent members al around the world?

Would you consider all the lives built around and centered on the bOrg?

Would you break the truth gradually, gently and point everyone in a new direction over a period of time? Or would you tear down the BethelGod fast and videotape the bridge jumpers?

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

I was formulating my plan as I read down the posts. I would begin to distribute "new light". It would take some time, but there would need to be a way to direct all these poor folks away from the organization without breaking them. Some of that new light would have to be encouraging them to seek professional counseling. Arrange to pay for it for anyone who would go.

Yuck, I don't want the job thanks.

• Spook
    Spook

I would profit for myself and gradually mainstream the church over a period of 20 years.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I would take over the presses to print new book that reveals the truth about the org. and their lies, teachings, hypocrisy and everything they have been involved in. Every congregation would be flooded with these books with a good amount set aside for the general public. I would have letters sent to the BOE in every congregation worldwide to be read out , apologising profusely for the manipulation and control that the GB has had over its members. I would make use of every media tool to expose the JW org in the world domain.

I would have the Kingdom Halls used as drop in centres, fully staffed with psychiatrists, psychologists and life coaches , for advise, support and counselling to all those mentally and emotionally damaged by WT rules. I would sell off all the Bethel Buildings, Assembly Halls, Cars, Farms and everything in Brooklyn and put the money into a fund for families of those who have lost members due to the Blood policy and organ transplant teaching. Money would also be set aside for those affected by the Child Abuse policy.

For those ' die hards ' who still felt it was "God's Organization", I would issue each and every one of them with a copy of Steve Hassan's Book " Combatting Cult Mind Control".......free of charge !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit