elder snooping on facebook

by Cordelia 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

mmm. On Facebook you have to actually give the person permission before they can even see your page. Why would you give someone you didn't know permission? You can't just sign up and look throught eveyones stuff.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    mmm. On Facebook you have to actually give the person permission before they can even see your page. Why would you give someone you didn't know permission? You can't just sign up and look throught eveyones stuff.

Unless they've changed it, you have to change your settings to disallow people from viewing. On default, anyone can see.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is why I keep my Facebook locked down.

Anyone who is not a "Friend" cannot see much more than my name.

I strongly recommend people make these security changes to their own Facebook and Myspace pages.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    You are a grown A$$ woman! "he's coming over to help you deactivate your account"? WTF?

That was my question exactly.

How could someone come over and "help deactivate your account?"

I would help him deactivate his instead.

Rub a Dub

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I want you to repeat after me "Fuck Off". If the elder doesn't get the point after being that direct then inform your parents you'll be filing charges at the local police station for cyber-stalking.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Cordelia

Nice to see you here again - met you very briefly at Dansk's apostacurry (God bless him)

First thing I thought about this post was that you can't just register a "fake" ID and then see everyone's profile on Facebook.
    So someone isn't telling the full story - are you sure he wasn't bluffing to see what your reaction was?

Pub

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks gys he has just gone i stuck by my guns just said fair enough it isnt nice to see them pics but im not deactivating my account.

you're all right how long has this been going on?? and also i have my own house i don't live with them and it is my life!

i know i've been a pain in the past and like someone said i either have to deal with it or stop moaning about it!

my dad ended up being lovely and apperently it was my brother who keeps 'finding' me on the internet and he is going to ring me soon... great!!

he wrote me a letter saying he knows i dont want the faith bt my 'associations have always been the problem and still are and it is really time i cut them off then you can associate freely with people who really love you#

so even tho im reinstated i still can't associate freely with anyone unless i'm living the good dub life!

ps anyone can set up a fake account, and i thought i was 'invissable'

• noni1974
    noni1974

How old are you?? You sound very very young to me. If your a grown up tell your parents to back off. Your parents still control you because you let them. I had to do the same thing with my parents. It's hard but so worth it. You can't remain under your parents thumb forever.

• PEC
    PEC

I few days ago, I found out that with my security settings, only friends could send me a friend request. I had to open up my security a bit.

Philip

• moshe
    moshe

JW's are like children, even at 19, 39, 59, etc when an elder type or CO tells them what to do, they do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit