elder snooping on facebook

by Cordelia 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

my dad rang me last night really upset coz he had decided to go on facebook under a fake name to see what some people were up to in his hall and while he was there he decided to type my name in and he did not loike what he saw ie low tops short skirts the ex jw groups im on and also the night out i went on last sat with our very own sirona (a known apostate who apperently 'ruined my faith' according to my family)

anyway he's coming tonight to help me deactivate my account and i'm not going to he knows i dont want the 'truth' so why is he still trying to control me?

and also like i pionted out these people hes checking out will not be happy hes been snooping and he can't see it just thinks he is helping them?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carla
    carla

Why don't you tell him you will inform those on facebook and on the apostate boards that elders like to play 007? or does he really get off having this 'secret' info on people to use against them later? doesn't sound very Christ like now does it?

Cordelia, how many times have you done this route with your parents/family?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Cordelia,

You are a grown A$$ woman! "he's coming over to help you deactivate your account"? WTF? They are still trying to control you becaue YOU have not set your boundaries and continue to allow them to contol you. Stop playing their game, tell them to mind their own business and if they don't respect you and the boundaries you set tell them to F*%& off!

Sorry if that sounds harsh but either you stand up for yourself or stop complaining about it. It's your choice either be a JW cause you can't live without them or take charge of you and your daughter's life.

nj

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cordelia, cut the umbilical cord already! It's long overdue!

If your dad read your diary and he didn't like what he read, that's HIS problem. Since when is it your responsibility to moderate your father's emotional state for him?

Boundaries Workbook: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life

why is he still trying to control me?

"Take away the reward and the behavior will extinguish."-- B.F. Skinner

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Simple. Change your password behind his back. Then, when he tries to cancel the account, he will not even be able to get in. And when he tries to log in to do it, you give him a bad username and/or password (that is, one that is not going to work). That way, they will treat it as an attempt to hack on, and it will not be closed out.

Next step is to warn him that, if he tries tampering with your Facebook account again, that you are going to start posting more and worse apostate posts, preferably while he is at a boasting session or out in field circus. And threaten to open accounts on MySpace and other sites, and do the same thing (again, use a password that this humanoid will not be able to guess).

• screwproof
    screwproof

Is your parents paying your bills? If not, they have no control over you at all. Well if you dont live in their home, they have no control even if they pay your bills. LOL

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Cordelia,

I am sorry to hear that your dad is intrusive in your private life. Like over zealout elders, aided by brainwashed ministerial servants and sisters who conducts ilegal spying on member's private lives, I think your dad has gone too far over the top. Let me share with you something I know of facebook. Myself is on it. You set up a privacy feature by just clicking on the box to indicate your preference. This means that once you click on it, no one can search your name on it no matter what. You are completely unresearchable only those friends already on your facebook friend list added can see you. You can see as many as anyone who has not yet set up this feature. I have done that and many are unable to get me except by addition or invitation. Had you done that before, your dad could not got anyway. Any search would have returned 0 results. Please, send me a PM in you need more advices.

Good luck

Scott77

• ziddina
    ziddina

Cordelia, all of the above posters have given you EXCELLENT advice, especially as to blocking your dad - or any other snooping elder - from accessing your account.

However, Rebel8 hit the nail on the head for the ENTIRE life-affecting situation - tell your dad that it's YOUR life.

'Course, we all know where he's coming from... Thinks he's 'saving' your life, if you are found out (like what you're doing is so baaaaaaaad...) you could be 'disfellowshipped' and then he'd be forced to 'shun' you...

Maybe you'd better print out a copy of that July 2009 Awake on this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/174959/1/No-One-Should-Be-Made-to-Choosee280a6-LIES-from-July-09-Awake - the significant statement is on page 2, column 1, paragraph 3: "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

(Boy! that bugger was hard to find!!) Hopefully your dad can see the hypocrisy... Zid

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Might be worth checking Facebook's ToS; are you even allowed to set up fake accounts?

• undercover
    undercover

Are your parents footing any of your bills? If not, it's time to tell ole Dad that you're on your own now and as much as you love and respect him, you don't need him interfering into every aspect of your life.

Will he like it? No. Will he get it over it? If he's mentally balanced he will. He'll figure out soon enough that you're an adult and have to make your own decisions.

Even outside of the JW faith, some parents have a hard time letting go. With the JW belief system in place though, it can make a parent who already has a hard time letting go become impossible to satisfy if the offspring show that they aren't going to follow the JW lifestyle.

It's tough, but at some point you're going to have to stand up to your dad and lay it on the line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit