What should I say next?

by asilentone 10 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I know one elder that has a habit of saying "Let Jehovah take care of that" "Just wait on Jehovah", etc..., what should I say back? He is pretty good conversation stopper. I want to change that!

• StAnn
    StAnn

"How will I know that Jehovah has taken care of it? Aren't we supposed to work with our prayers, to show our sincerity?"

Don't know if that helps or not. I'm braindead.

St. Ann

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Aren't we supposed to "Pray incessantly" that doesn't sound like a wait and see approach. In fact there is a parable of a man knocking on the door in the night after the family is asleep, and he keeps knocking until he gets an answer. Jesus says to keep asking until you receive it.

Angie

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

“But what if Jehovah is using me?”

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You could say if Jehovah was taking care of things we wouldnt be in the mess were in now.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, you could call him a brain-dead slacker, but I guess that isn't what you are really looking for, is it.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

When I hear that "advice" - to do nothing about a problem you see in your own religion - I respond with "If everyone had that attitude we'd all be Catholic." Did Martin Luther wait for God to fix his church? or Wesley or Calvin? What about Russell? He was a Presbyterian, then an Adventist, but he didn't wait for Jehovah to fix his religion he decided to start his own.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Along the line of StAnn, how do I know it was Jehovah and not me? Or a friend? Or chance?

• boyzone
    boyzone

The "wait on Jehovah" phrase is so dumb. I just reply with "Don't you really mean "wait on the Organization?"".

(Because that what they DO mean.)

• Decided
    Decided

You mean we can wait on Jehovah to find all the sheep out there and not go door to door?

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit