Do you believe in MIRACLES?

by nicolaou 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'll be honest and admit that I did. The 'Moses' miracles, solar miracles, Jesus miracles - everything. So no belief bashing from me on this one, I promise.

All the same, how do you reconcile belief in miracles with that little voice in your head that says "hmmmmm?" Do you think miracles like 'healing' still happen today?

Straight questions . . . .

Nic'

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Based upon what people tell me, I'm inclined to believe that miracles only work for certain ailments.

Amputees are routinely on the short end of the stick.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I've never seen one, to be honest. I can't explain everything that happens, but that just makes me a fairly normal human being who can't explain some things.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yes I DO!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I do. There are some interesting books about miracles written by two daughters of parents who survived the holocaust. And other books as well. I have seen things I consider miraculous. Other people might chalk some of the miracles up to incredible coincidences.Speaking of saying hmmmm to yourself: these are things that you say hmmmm because there is just such a tiny chance the things can be mere coincidences.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Events for which there is no evidence, sourced from ancient stories alone, should be believed very carefully.

As miracles represent a big part of people's faith, I do not want to poo poo them too much. Having said that, all religious traditions have their versions of "miracles" and that in itself is rather telling. They can't all be right, but don't try telling that to the respective believers.....

I personally am more fascinated by the people who have such strong feelings for miracles then in disproving what can't be proven.....

As always, what we believe in usually reveals more about us then the dogma we espouse... In my opinion anyway...

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

"As always, what we believe in usually reveals more about us then the dogma we espouse... In my opinion anyway..."

You speak the truth there, my friend. *G*

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Two of my favorite quotes.

''I BELIEVE IN EVERYTHING until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists even it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams aren't as real as the here and now?'' A quote from: ~The late John Lennon: may he rest in peace.~ ******

''You've got to believe in foolish miracles.''Ozzie.

• leavingwt
  • sspo
    sspo

What i have seen those that believe in miracles only feel that they are happening to only those in their own denomination or faith.

For those Christians on the board the question is......

Do Hindus or Muslims or JW's or Mormons or Catholics receive miracles.

Most born again would say definetely no but try asking one of them and see what the answer is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit