LATEST BIG RUMOR: WTS calls a moratorium on ALL KH construction in US & Canada

by sir82 47 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

To understand who "owns" the KHs in the US at least, is to understand the laws regarding non-profit corporations.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/n/non-profit-corporation/

only when a congregation is dissolved, does the "ownership" revert to the parent non-profit corporation the WTS.

BTW only the congregation that holds the territory in which the KH building sits, forms this non-profit corporation and only elders from that congregation are trustees. So if East, West, and North share a KH but the KH building is in North's territory, only the North congregation forms this non-profit corporation.

• undercover
    undercover

Posting because I can't see Blondie's post...hoping this will make it visible

(darn these glitches)

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Having been very active in a NYC RBC I have wondered about this. Some major corporations have frozen new projects. Surely the WT would need to at some point in this economy.

• sir82
    sir82
    only when a congregation is dissolved, does the "ownership" revert to the parent non-profit corporation the WTS.

Very interesting. So when the Society dissolves a congregation and sells the KH, it benefits itself.

Hmm, now I'm beginning to understand the racket.

1) Population shifts from "Zone A" to "Zone B" in a particular country

2) In Zone A, Society dissolves congregations, takes ownership of Kingdom Halls, sells them, pockets money

3) In Zone B, Society loans money from step 2 to finance new Kingdom Hall construction

4) After a few decades, population shifts from "Zone B" to "Zone C"

5) In Zone B, Society dissolves congregations, takes ownership of Kingdom Halls, sells them, pockets money

6) Etc. etc. ad infinitum

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'll vouch for the poster who said the RBC controls all spending and only wishes to deal with one elder.

When the KH I once attended underwent reno, a separate bank account for the reno was setup and there were only 3 official signers for the cheques. Every cheque had to have the signature of the rep from the RBC to be processed byt the bank. Then either elder could sign. The RBC wanted to avoid the inconvenience or delay of getting to only one elder. But He mostly did everything through the PO. Even the accounts servant, didn't get to make out the cheques etc. The servant only did the collecting, made the deposits and had of course to make out the income tax receipts when the time came. Here in Canada as well, when it comes time to fill out the Charity information return for the year, they now have sheets they fill out and send to the Branch (which fills out the official government forms for the congregation and gives back to them to mail off to the government).

• 1914BS
    1914BS

I worked on some KHalls and it is a total time and realestate grab by the power hungry borg

• metatron
    metatron

I've heard rumors that would confirm this. A congregation looking for a Kingdom Hall build just got a letter from the Society saying forget it for now.

metatron

• monophonic
    monophonic

re: wtbts ownership of kingdom halls....i thought their name was kept off so they don't have to list it as an asset themselves, but they have some loophole where if the kingdom hall was dissolved, they are the owner....do the loans give them the land purchase and not the actual building?

someone will cash this out one day, and it'll be big....and i see lots of suicides, etc. if/when this happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit