How did/do you break the "thinking" chain?

by lurk3r 23 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm a work in progress. The single thing that helped me the most in life and in business has been the study of language . . . words. And the study of the concepts of the meanings that the words represent. By way of example, I'll submit the word "condone".

I defined and used in context words like implicit vs explicit, and subjective vs objective. I defined dogmatic and tested a certain book printing company with the meaning of that word.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Lurkr I can relate to what you are saying. I have read alot about it. Especially after

I left the tower and began my recovery process.

What I found is the problem is not just JW's, the problem is with people in general.

Most people are walking around in a trance like zombies.

Thats how politicians and governments get away with what they do.

And thats also how multinational corporations make money.

People see things on tv things they dont need and they buy them.

These people are called consumers, In the USA they are called Amerikans.

How do you wake up from your sleep?

Reprogram yourself and meditate on your program.

Brainwash yourself, hypnotize yourself.

It's your life you can take it back or let wall street and 5th Ave keep it.

Write down your values, write down what you want from life.

Writing these things down will make a very big impact on your psyche.

Then what I did was the Silva mind control method.

I put my positive afirmations and plans on a 30 minute cassete tape. Then I listen to the tape everyday.

the first 5 minutes I hypnotize myself or enter my alpha brain pattern

in a way similar to how some meditate.

The first 5 minutes of the tape make a recording that goes like this. say the following words into the tape

"Breathe deeply. Relax."

"With each breathe I exhale all the stress is leaving my body."

"All the tension is leaving my toes, Relax go deeper.

All the tension is leaving my feet, relax go deeper.

reapeat with the following body parts.

calves, thighs, buttox, abdomen, chest, back, sholders, arms, hands, neck, face.

"Now your body feels very very heavy and you are sinking into the chair, or bed.

Now picture your self on an elevator on the 25th floor of a building count down

to the 1st floor 25,24, 23 etc to first floor.

When the elevator doors open you walk into your ideal place"( think of your favorite tranquil spot)

(I think of a lake with a railroad tressle over it and the sun shining down a very peaceful

seren picture.)

"In this ideal place your brain and mind will be most receptive to this information that you are

going to give it at this time."

(At this time insert your 20 minutes of positive affirmations, goals, the kind of person you are,

which might be the kind of person you want to be, but for installing the message in your

hard drive say I am this---------- fill in the blanks, I do this------------ fill in the blanks

I achieve this---------, I have this much money------------. I do this kind of work------------

I am healthy, I am happy, I sleep well, like a baby, I eat healthy nutricious foods.

I weigh------- I exercize and am fit. I stay out of the way of moving objects.

Do this every day for a month.

And your question of how do you break the think chain will be answered and implimented.

Always program yourself with a positive never a negative.

For example you say I wayxxxxpounds. I am very fit.

You dont say, I am not fat.

You way xxxx pounds, I am very fit, is a positive.

I am not fat is a negative and it is evoking what you dont want to be.

At the end say "I am healthy wealthy and wise. I am full of energy. Today is going to be a great

day. Every day in every way life is getting better and better and better.

When I count to five I will be a wake and full of life. Ready to fully enjoy these wonderful

blessings that I have. 1,2,3,4,5"

It works if you work it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I didn't break the "thinking" chain; my newborn son did. When I first saw his baby face, one second I was still a dub; the next second I knew it was all crap compared to the little miracle in my arms.

Amen Parakeet!

When my daughter was born, I had no faith. She was born at home in the front room and it was an awesome experience. Life is a miracle, and I felt that clearly and then. In the subsequent years, having children has taught me more about my relationship with my Heavenly Father than maybe anything else. Here's some things I now understand first hand, unconditional love, discipline, intimacy, forgiveness, wanting the best for my kids, encouraging not condemning, building up not knocking down, correcting not controlling, giving good gifts but not over spoiling, enjoying when my kids are thankful and appreciative. All the best, Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I just did the math. I realized that, if I was to make the best decision, I would need to analyze all possibilities. Mathematically, there are four possibilities with two variables. Either it is the truth or it is not, and either I remain in it or I blow out.

What I did was to analyze each of the cells that resulted. If it is not the truth, I can either blow out and be free or stay in and waste my life in a lie. If it is the truth, I can blow out and get destroyed, or stay in and be stuck celibate forever on a "paradise" earth that is so full of rules that everything I do is what I am told. Plus, guilt because of all the potential "sisters" that died on my account because they wouldn't look at the possibility of anything I do being any good. Either way, I realized that I would be better off outside. It is better to be free than to waste my life in a lie, and it's better to die than to live where everything I do was what I am told to, with nothing but other men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit