Of all known religious beliefs which one seems most reasonable?

by The Berean 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

Of all known religious beliefs which one seems most reasonable?

Paganism.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

The most reasonable religious belief is the one that beleives in the power of love. Love conquers all. etc etc.

I think that belief is pretty reasonable.

Too bad its surrounded by such utter nonsense.

The Oracle

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

'religion' & 'reasonable' both in one sentence... does not compute...

• flipper
    flipper

BEREAN- None of them. Religion is the bane of all mankind

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What on God's earth are you talking about?

I think the question is a simple one.

BTS

• Perry
    Perry

Yes it is. Why don't you explain what you are talking about then?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    We have no choice but reading the Bible as we are, including our moral sensibility, no matter how anachronic it may be to the texts. This is part of the experience, which may often lead to questioning the texts, sometimes to questioning our own values. Imo this is all the more interesting if we haven't decided once and for all to agree or disagree with the texts globally simply because they are in the Bible (with the risk of unconsciously twisting them in one sense or another).

Narkissos, this is a great point. Often our beliefs and the level of passion tell more about us then what we claim to believe.

All we have to do is look at our former compatriots for a possible answer to this question. Put aside the teachings of this cult, we all knew JW's who were jerks, and those who were the nicest, most sincere people, who loved everyone. JW's and their dogma had nothing more to do then magnifying what people already were.

Those that were dogmatic, black and white thinkers before becoming JW's are often attracted to the dogmatic statements in the WT. Those who who are all "lovey-dovey" are attracted to other kinds of statements. (considering that the WT puts all kinds of language in their pubs, its little wonder it collects all kinds...

The question at the start of this thread is what is reasonable. Agreement and unity of thought isn't the point of this, but the opposite of agreement and unity might weaken what one would consider a "reasonable faith".

Suffice to say, a god that must be vociferously defended by the rabid dogmatics in argument only is surely defending a weak god.... in my opinion.

I have really enjoyed this thread... Good discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit