Could you share some of your hobbies and/or passions in life?

by The Berean 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

It may sound simple, yet I eagerely look forward each year to gardening ...

What say you ...

• yknot
    yknot

I like to learn new things.

Right now I am trying to figure out hydroponic gardening (deer)

Building little 'science projects' with the kids.

..... books....

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

I like reading anything but especially about history.

I also play the piano and the pipe organ, enjoy gardening, walking, keeping fit and of course....tea drinking!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm with you man! I've got five vines in my garden, even managed to make some wine in 2006 - the last time England had some decent sunshine. This year though is looking especially promising!

Friends, Greek food, sunshine, cold frosty beer, hot spicy curry, more beer, good wine, warm sunny beaches, family, more beer, warm sun, chicken sizzling on the charcoal . . . .

mmmmmmmmm

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My husband is involved with compound bow archery competition target shooting . He also loves football and has been a High School referee now for several yrs . He also loves astronomy and motorcycle riding (we have a Goldwing )

I love gardening ,in the spring I am excited about cleaning all the gardens up and watching all the new growth begin . I also enjoy photography for several years I was doing wedding pictures and Senior HS photos . Lately I am interested in doing more landscape and nature shots . I am content when I am able to be creative whether at work or play .

• diffedexjw
    diffedexjw

I love drinking, friends, the good part of my family(my brother and uncle who both faded and are apostates), I love being in the sun and having some BBQ, I love video games (my favorite being World of Warcraft), also fishing, and being in the wilderness. I love alot more. but thats the jist.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'll be planting a garden this year. I have a raspberry bush now, and I'm planning to add some red current bushes this year as well as a vegetable garden. I'll be putting some rose bushes in front of the house. I also enjoy taking courses, 3D modeling and animation, home renovations, the outdoors, BBQs, cooking, and wine making.

And, of course, the light of my life, Rocco!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

my passion is music. I play music and sing and play with bands and make CD's and put them on my space.

I also go to the gym 6 days a week for at least an hour. That burns my stress and tension from

the baggage of being a witness, and keeps my blood pressure and cholesterol in check. I'm 56

I work in a jail and my blood pressure is 120/over 70. Everyone else in my family, parents, brother,

sister, son has high blood pressure and mine will go high if I dont lift weights and run on the

thread mill.

Also I have a motorcycle and I try to ride it at least once a week, usually I take my wife

out to dinner on it up and down the beach.

Another thing I look forward too. I like to read a lot, I always have since I was 7.

The bad thing is between 7 and 31 I spent way too much time reading Jw literature.

Since leaving the tower I have read the bible, several translations none of them the NWT,

5 times cover to cover.

Working midnights at a jail, I pretty much get to read 5 to 6 hours a night.

I dont read fiction, I read biographies, autobiographies, true adventure stories

and books exploring the origins and meaning of life.

At the moment I am reading Shakey for the 2nd time, Shakey is Neil Youngs Biography.

This week I picked up Bob Dylans Biography. Also Woodie Gutheries autobiography "Bound

for Glory. Also David Crosbys story. I also bought Boy Georges father, Georges Bush the dingbats

daddys, somewhat of a biography, it is a collection of his letters during his time, I have a hard

time typing this,of being a public servant.

Over the past 15 years I read and researched extensively mans origins.

Reading about atheism, and creationism.

Everything I have ever read has holes in it.

The same kind of holes you find in the bible.

In the past year I came across people writing about and interpreting the ancient text of

Summeria, the city were modern history and civilization began.

These Summeria text are older than anything in the bible.

They are the source of many of the bible stories.

And they appear to indicate that man originated on planet Nibiru.

We are the genetically engineered decendants of alien astronauts who came to

earth to mine gold to repair their ozone layer.

I recomend the Slave Species of God, by Michael Tellinger, he extrapolates and simplifies the

writings of Zechariah Sitchin.

If you want to hear some of my music, see pictures of some of my bands, my harely, me

read some of my book reviews you can go to my myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/jaguarbassquinn

10 years ago when I was younger or when I had more money, before Bush destroyed

the Amerika I knew. I snow skied and water skied a lot.

I think its a money thing not an age thing. Because I dont see any boat sitting in

my front yard. And I make half as much money as I did 10 years ago so I cant afford

any ski trips to Colorado or British Columbia.

Also I like to cook, mainly things I cant get at a restaurant, Lamb stew, calves kidney stew.

I in the past month bought a neat cook book "Food and Cooking of Africa and the Middle East"

by Josephine BAcon. Its got a lot of neat receipes with pictures Its like a 45$ book

I got it used on Amazon for like 5$.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Gardening, anything historical, my grandchildren.

Sylvia

• megaflower
    megaflower

Staying fit. I run 5 miles a day and cross train with weights. Also, injoy raquet sports, snorkling. We garden, flowers, apples trees, cherry trees, plum trees and various berry, grapes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit