rough draft re:shunning & new Awake article

by carla 25 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Nicely composed - hard to say what should be left out unless you identify an intended readership? JWs themselves? People who have JW relatives? Non-Jws who are interested in JWs? People from other (Christian) religions?

• ziddina
    ziddina

No, SerenityNow, I've never read this thread by Carla... I've read the article in question - many times... But I like the project that Carla was working on - how to present this information to non-JWs in an interesting and easily-read manner; how to clearly lay out the brazen hypocrisy of the WTBTS so that any 'worldly' person approached by a JW could see it - and make comments to offset it...

I'll have to PM Carla and find out what happened with this project... Like Marjorie said, this would make a good brochure or tract to leave with people in one's neighborhood - at laundromats, and so on...

Zid

• carla
    carla

hey all, will comment later when someone leaves! marking so I can find it again.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Carla,

Nice job!

I would include the entire 1 Cor 5:11 scripture immediatelly after their botched up wt quote (as a basis for the shunning) where the full text does not have any [or guilty of another gross sin] verbiage and is quite explicit as to who are we not to have contact with: ..."quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man".

Put an emphasis on how they twist the scripture to support their cause.

-Yan

• carla
    carla

I had rewritten it but forgot to post it and now it is in the quagmire of files on my computer. Usually I will print as many as time allows (meaning when my jw/or kids are not around) and stash them until the mood strikes me to deliver them. When do I deliver? often after a story on here distresses or angers me. I will at times make a special trip and find a neighborhood and deliver to paperboxes. Other times I grab a handful and deliver a smaller amount on the way to the store, only take about 15-20 minutes. I always carry something in my purse and often leave in bathrooms and other creative places. Though I also go long stretches of no deliveries at all. No set times, no rhyme or reason to areas, nothing jw-ish just random.

Hope I never kick the bucket until I have used up the ones stashed around the house! It probably wouldn't look good and some would not understand the need to do something tangible even if it will not change my own situation.

Yan, you are right this needs to be added, " brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner,"

Anybody can feel free to rewrite and make better.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great post Carla!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit