rough draft re:shunning & new Awake article

by carla 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

that makes me sooo mad! how the hell can they think they are a loving religon?

sad thing is my (and alot of others) familys believe that!!

• carla
    carla

Troubled mind, I need to re -do it but use it as is if you like. I will need to shorten it and possibly put in an image or clip art with a family in distress or somehow seperated? Will repost when done, but for today.... it is too beautiful to spend inside.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Carla, I have a "magazine route." I go to my local laundromats and remove the literature left there by the JDubs. I'd love to be able to take your finished article with me to the laundry and staple it to the front of the July Awakes when they put them out.

(Often times, I leave a flyer called "Danger at your Door" at the laundry in place of the mags but I'm out and can't find any right now because I wiped my computer.)

St. Ann

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

StAnn you got me kind of inspired with your "magazine route." I found those tracts and put the website below. I may try to go to some laundromats and discard the mags when I see them. I guess I could consider it "giving back," maybe it'll make up for any damage I may have done placing the WT&A.

http://www.firstandlast.org.uk/tracts_lit.html

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is a great topic. Stuff they put in print is there forever, as long as we can preserve it.

I love the 1952 WT where the Borg laments the secular laws that prevent them from outright killing their apostate family members. God, what a sick organization.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I can't seem to find a link to the article. I tried to get it off watchtower.org but maybe they took it off. I could find other articles from the issue, but not that one.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wouldnt it be good if we could do a 'Worldwide Distribution Work' of this or something similar? Or maybe a distribution to every city's newspaper? Are there enough exJWs to tackle it I wonder? Wishful thinking maybe???

Loz x

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Do I have to go knocking on doors again? Because I am soooo tired! 30 years of knocking wore me out!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooo, this looks GOOD!!!

Marking this for a future read - gotta go feed critters...

Zid

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

zid it's an old article, you've probably read it already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit