The meetings at the Kingdom Hall now are positively scary

by BonaFide 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

The last turd of a meeting I went to was 2 weeks ago. I went to support my 13 year old son who got suckered into a talk by my mother in law. He is everything I wish I could have been, He sees the "Truth" for what it is, but doesn't want to stir up too much shit with his Gramma.

Right before his talk, someone in the back of the hall started having a heart attack. I saw all of this from the 2nd school.(My goatee and earrings scare too many "freinds") Paramedics had to bee called, but not even someone in an obvious fight for his life didn't stop the f*&cking spiritual food from being dispensed. The paramedics had to keep speaking louder and louder to be heard over the comments during the "bible highlights".

Nothing was even mentioned about the incident the rest of the meeting. That was soooo surreal.

I'm glad I'm out for good

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Right before his talk, someone in the back of the hall started having a heart attack. I saw all of this from the 2nd school.(My goatee and earrings scare too many "freinds") Paramedics had to bee called, but not even someone in an obvious fight for his life didn't stop the f*&cking spiritual food from being dispensed. The paramedics had to keep speaking louder and louder to be heard over the comments during the "bible highlights"."

What a wonderful witness that must have been Jack. It makes me wonder if they would step over the brother as he lays on the floor.

By the way, welcome. Villabolo

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Jack Burton, I had a huge argument last year with the bro's about not having an AED at the Assembly Hall in Norco. They said it wasnt necessary and that it was "dangerous." The person who said that is a nurse. I told them that anyone can learn to use it in a couple of minutes.

Then they said it was too expensive. Then they said we have the resurrection anyway. Then they said that the program should not be stopped for any reason other than a fire, and that if someone has a heart attack during the meeting, someone should carry them to the back of the Hall so as not to interrupt Jehovah speaking from the platform.

I am not kidding.

BF

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

That's exactlly what happened. Only one of the elders got involved, and that was only to get him out of there A.S.A.P.

What a bunch of Bulls*&t!

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

huh. I remember when I was about 4years old, my dad (an elder) passed out while giving a talk and stopped breathing, so a sister who was a nurse came up, got him breathing again, took him out the back, called the ambulance, my mother and I went with him to the hospital, and lo and behold the meeting continued. I was a bit disturbed about that, even then.

He used to pass out a lot, got agoraphobia, couldn't see people for ages, or give talks anymore. I blame that on his being an elder and PO for years. he got back into it again once he was able. Still is an elder, after all the panic attacks, more passing out, prostrate cancer, heart attack... really, if i was him i'd give up doing that sh!t.

(although he is cutting back on stuff, he and my mother try to travel for a few months every year with their caravan, only problem is they go to all meetings in any town they are in, and try to make at least 3 district conventions in their travels as well. makes their restful holiday into a meeting/convention chasing trip to tell all the spiritually weak about, like me)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bonafide:

am getting that urge to stand up in the Kingdom Hall and yell.

yeah, this is why I don't go..no way in hell I keep my mouth shut now... which is why I am not an elder and won't go into management at work.

Snakes ()

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Bonafide said: I am getting that urge to stand up in the Kingdom Hall and yell.

Now THAT's perfectly understandable! I don't know how you keep as calm and collected (and calculated!) as you do!

Jack Burton said: not even someone in an obvious fight for his life didn't stop the f*&cking spiritual food from being dispensed.

This alone makes me want to cry or scream.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Right before his talk, someone in the back of the hall started having a heart attack. I saw all of this from the 2nd school.(My goatee and earrings scare too many "freinds") Paramedics had to bee called, but not even someone in an obvious fight for his life didn't stop the f*&cking spiritual food from being dispensed. The paramedics had to keep speaking louder and louder to be heard over the comments during the "bible highlights"."

My husband was the school overseer and had or was having a heart attack and did not tell me or anyone until the meeting was over because he did not want to interrupt Jehovah. I was so mad. Then the elders let me drive him to the hospital alone. No one even called the ambulance for me. Such love. That is how we can tell it is the true religion by the love we see among them. That is what we learned last night also.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

It's a sick and twisted religion.

Be thankful, all ye who have escaped her web of shame.

Freedom is a gift, all men, women and children deserve. If you can - do your part to free a mind.

Peace to all...

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- I was in my early 20's in 1983 and was giving an assembly experience on the stage about pioneering in front of 2,000 people. The older sister ( 83 yrs.old ) who was sitting next to me had just sat down after relating her experience . It was my turn to go up to the microphone next but this sister keeled over and passed out on my shoulder having a massive heart attack ! The audience groaned - and I motioned over to another brother sitting down from me to help me carry her off the stage. The brother and myself worked behind the curtain trying to give her CPR , resting her head on her coat. A brother that was a fireman rushed behind the stage out of the audience as well as a sister who was a registered nurse. Eventually the nurse got the sisters heart going again but she had lost too much oxyegen as it took 4 to 5 minutes to get her heart going and her breathing again.

But what made me ill was the fact that the elder giving the experience part just kept add libbing on stage and continued interviewing the other sisters at the microphone in their parts too while this was all going on 20 feet away ! Then he expected me and the brother to go back out and give our experiences after helping the heart attack victim ! And we were so cult mind controlled that WE DID go back out and give our parts ! Sick. Right before the lunch break the elder giving the part finally acknowledged what had happened on the stage to the sister - but what troubled me even then was that they didn't view this as emergency enough to stop the program ! Would that have been too difficult ? Not at all. Would have shown soundness of mind and wisdom. But in JW ville the motto is " The show must go on. " No matter how unethical it looks . Sick cult behavior

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit