The meetings at the Kingdom Hall now are positively scary

by BonaFide 42 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Well remember, the only opinion that counts is that of the GB......who speaks for Jehovah and the anointed.

My wife always comes back so negative after she goes to either Sunday or Thursday meetings........why would one purposefully attend something that will drag them down?

• undercover
    undercover

The meetings have always been this scary. It's just that you don't notice it until your eyes are opened and you realize just how mind controlled everyone is.

That's why we sometimes call them 'zombies' or 'braindead'. They're not thinking, they're reacting. They're reacting in they way they've been conditioned to react...without thinking.

And when you have a WT study like this one...submission...and everyone spouts the company line to the point of agreeing that you should obey the elders even if you think they're mistaken, it's quite obvious to the enlightened just how controlled these poor people are.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Bonafide, you're in trouble now.

If anyone says anything to you about your comment, just bring up how the WTS used to ban organ transplants and called them cannibalism and then changed its mind. It might be a good idea to have a whole list of some of the crazy teachings (emotions seated in the heart, not the brain), etc., and show how the WTS later changed because it was wrong.

Dare I suggest you bring up 1975????

St. Ann

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

BonsFide

I thought the same thing. I was just really in shock. I know many have responded that this has always been the case, but no they are getting worse. I swear they are. The comments that everyone was making were out of this world. They said it did not matter even if the counsel was wrong or bad or not right that we just needed to accept it no matter what because Jehovah would want us to, we just needed to make it fit. I was like oh my God!!!

We are told we have to listen to the elders no matter what but then when we do and it all goes wrong for us then we are blamed for putting our trust in imperfect men and not keeping out trust in Jehovah.

I just wish my husband would wake up it is truly scarring me.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I don't like your comment, with that attitude they'll never get the color right on the new curtains! W.Once

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Dare I suggest you bring up 1975????

Or the changes in the generation teaching (the reasoning book still has not been changed, it reflects the old light), sealing of the anointed.......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

BF,

You're itching to be DF'd for apostasy!

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

BF,

You're itching to be DF'd for apostasy!

Agreed...I, too, have the feeling that life is just about to get terribly exciting for you...

• Waffles
    Waffles

You just put a huge bullseye on your ass. Be ready to do some Oscar-worthy acting and poop-eating during the ensuing "sheparding" visit.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

yeh agreed. They will visit you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit