The meetings at the Kingdom Hall now are positively scary

by BonaFide 42 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

What was I thinking my entire life? During the first part about Submission, everyone gave the same comments about being obedient to the elders even though you may not agree with them. And they talked about submission to the Organization NO MATTER WHAT.

No one, I mean NO ONE raised the possibility that the counsel or instructions might be wrong, or harmful. Nobody.

Everyone just repeats the same things they have heard their entire life. I raised my hand and I said, "We as JW's are not robots that obey without thinking. If in a rare case the counsel is not based on the Bible, we can go to another elders, or perhaps in a nice way, we can ask for clarification."

The brother conducting looked at me like I was an alien from outer space.

No one after the meeting said they liked my comment.

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well, I certainly enjoyed your comment, Brother Bonafide!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I like you comment, too.

But I wonder if they will ever pick your raised hand again!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is why they are witlesses. Suppose the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger gives counsel that is impossible to obey. Or, they tell you to do something, and then a hounder tells you to do something that blatantly contradicts what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger told them to do. Or, one hounder gives advice that contradicts what another hounder in the same congregation tells you to do. At some point, you are going to have to reject one piece of counsel in order to obey another, and then what?

And, what if the counsel is harmful? You go out and spread a lie, telling people that it is in the Bible. The Bible, in fact, tells nothing of the sort. What about children getting pulled out in field circus every afternoon at 3 PM, when they have homework to do or tests to study for? Or children being held at a boasting session until after 10 PM, when they have a test the next day, after having wasted the afternoon out in field circus? What about getting up at 4:40 in the morning so you can have the family at the Kingdumb Hell at 5:30 in the morning for street work, only to have the streets deserted (because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger printed a Kingdumb Misery about it)? Now, none of this is helpful to anyone except the Washtowel itself.

Besides, what is this about "Jesus offering up a perfect sacrifice, to which nothing EVER need be added"? I suppose that sacrificing time, money, and energy is supposed to mimic this "perfect sacrifice, to which nothing ever need be added". I wonder how Jesus would feel about that--he offered this sacrifice, only to have people rejecting it by adding more to it. Not to mention that the whole Original Sin scam is a hoax intended to create the problem of needing a sacrifice in the first place.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What was I thinking my entire life? During the first part about Submission, everyone gave the same comments about being obedient to the elders even though you may not agree with them. And they talked about submission to the Organization NO MATTER WHAT....Thats how it`s always been..Eventually the smart ones catch on..

No one, I mean NO ONE raised the possibility that the counsel or instructions might be wrong, or harmful. Nobody...Mark yourself and face the consequenses..Thats why no one says a thing..It`s dangerous,to question Mother(The WBT$)!!

Everyone just repeats the same things they have heard their entire life. I raised my hand and I said, "We as JW's are not robots that obey without thinking. If in a rare case the counsel is not based on the Bible, we can go to another elders, or perhaps in a nice way, we can ask for clarification."..Your thinking for yourself..Why would you want to think for yourself,when the WBT$ does that for you?

The brother conducting looked at me like I was an alien from outer space...You have now become a Danger to the Congregation!

No one after the meeting said they liked my comment...Why would they?..You are crossing boundries,that no good Jehovah`s Witness would do.......................You are now on the WBT$ Radar.......

BF

.............................Your days are numbered!.........................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Bonafide,

I like it.

I had a similar thing, I gave one of my slamduck answers, an elder came up afterwards and said, sisters didn’t like your answer, I told him to go away and find those that did, then come back to me.

KT

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"an elder came up afterwards and said, sisters didn’t like your answer"

What's this? Since when do elders ever ask a sisters opinion on anything?

I would have called him on that one. Fillies ruling the roost now, huh?

Have they started taking polls on who liked whose comments best?

Where did this elder get his info and statistics.

"Which sisters? ...maybe I should go talk to them and clarify."

Next thing you know they will be giving report cards on your answers. Gold stars/silver stars.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

of course they didn't like it - it's not what is taught. Jws are supposed to just listen and act robotically - do not question at all.

• penny2
    penny2
    No one after the meeting said they liked my comment.

I bet it made a few people think though.

• blondie
    blondie

sisters didn't like your opinion = my wife didn't like your opinion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit