Northern/Central California meetup ~end of June/Mid July???

by Kudra 45 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

KUDRA- Early August sounds good to Mrs. Flipper and me. Just let us know when you find out. We might camp out at Richardson's campground . We'll just see how things roll. We are excited about getting together with everybody though !! Do you have our phone number- or should I PM you it ? We have yours I believe

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hi there!

Yes- it is looking like early August will be best for me too...

The new set of weekends are:

July 31 - Aug 2

Aug 7 - 9

And the least likely: Aug 14 - 16.

New votes on the date? Sorry to be changing around so much!

Flipper-- what are the "amenities" at Richardson's Campground? I might be interested... finances are tight when I think of a condo rental... we'll see...

-Kudra

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Richardson's Campground? Just looked it up. It looks great!

http://www.camprichardson.com/

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hey you are right- that looks good!

Not too expensive, I would be up for that-

Flipper, have you stayed there before?

• Kudra
    Kudra

bttt

• Spectre
    Spectre

Richardson's Campground looks nice.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Looks like a nice place. Is there a solid date for this trip?

• flipper
    flipper

KUDRA- Just saw this bumped up ! Yes! I have camped at Richardson's campground before and it is very nice. It is just walking distance from Pope Beach which has great sandy beaches and is great for swimming and tanning as well !! I took my teenage kids there lots of times during the late 1990's and they loved it ! Good camping spots with the amenities for cooking on grills outside also.

And the Beacon restaurant and grill is great, decent price not expensive where you can sit out on the terrace outside and eat while viewing the lake ! They even play live music there at times too- so that would be cool ! The restaurant serves breakfast and dinner and it's very close to the campgrounds also. Another sidenote for what is in the area - there is a short half mile nature walk ( flat ) on a nice cement trail to an underground aquarium to see trout in their natural habitat swimming around in Taylor creek ! It is really neat. And a beautiful meadow on the way along the trail ! Gawd-I'm so excited. This would really be fun- and I think it would be much more affordable for peple also !

Kudra- I wqould suggest putting in a reservation to reserve campgrounds if this is what you decide on for several campgrounds as they do start filling up this time of year. So get a firm date in mind and Mrs. Flipper and I will work with you on it. If it's agreeable to other folks that is. Sounds like lots of fun ! Perhaps I can call you this weekend to talk it over ? Thanks Those dates you mentioned sound good to my wife and I.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey I've stayed at the Camp Richardson Resort! Really cool.

• flipper
    flipper

Hello everybody ! I just got off the phone with Kudra ! She doesn't have access to her laptop at present - so she asked me to ask you folks that are interested incoming to let her know on this thread if you are able to come for sure either on July 31st - Aug. 2nd or Aug. 7th through the 9th ? There is the option of camping in the campgrounds and some cabins might be available. If we let Kudra know how many of us are possible, definite maybes on coming- then in a few days by Wednesday - she or I would be able to reserve enough campgrounds ahead of time. Probably 5-7 people per campground- I'll have to check further - but due to the bust Tahoe summer season it would be good to reserve 2 or 3 campgrounds ahead of time to be assured some spots .

So if you all would let her know on this thread soon it would be appreciated ! This is what she told me to do - I'm following orders ! LOL ! For a man- I'm pretty good at following orders ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit