What did you think about "apostates" when you were JW?

by Albert Einstein 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I spent 17 years in JWs, first 11 were very zealous. I feel very stupid now to admitt - but until several months ago I really believed "apostates" and all people who left JWs were kind of arogant, nasty, agresive, proud and I was afraid of getting in touch with them.

I remember finding CoC book in a bookstore and (since I was very curious...) I touched it (with a great guilt feeling), opend it, and read it for maybe 2 minutes.... I was so afraid it will affect me somehow badly .... and that I will displease God by doing it .... I felt so bad by sining this way ...

Now I see there are more kind people among those who left, than in WTBS..... I started meeting some "apostates" in my town, I see they are more reasonable and often more spiritual than JWs ... it is like coming out of the darkness .....

Could you believe I was such an idiot?

What about your experience?

Albert

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What did I think of apostates? Exactly as I was trained to: evil sinners who were blinded by Satan. I didn't actually know any, so what I had been taught about them was my only point of reference.

• net1261
    net1261

dangerous people you shouldn't speak to

• net1261
    net1261

• net1261
    net1261

• villabolo
    villabolo

I thought they were all "born agains".

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I was a little afraid of the ones I saw at a convention, it was the first time I'd actually seen any. I had disassociated myself several years before that and had just started going back to meetings. I wish I had stopped to chat. It would have saved me from a miserable marriage and another 7 years down the tubes.

• sspo
    sspo

Possessed by demons and evil with the sole purpose of trying to get faithful witnesses out of the "truth"

Just like Satan the Devil.

That's how we were brainwashed by the GB, now i realize that they were just trying to cover their ass.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I never saw any 'apostates' outside conventions - maybe they were there, but I'm not the most observant person in the world, lol. I always believed they were stupid, bitter and angry people (with no Christian qualities, anti-Christs). Now, of course, I think it's admirable that they give up their time etc trying to warn people about a dangerous cult.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I only remember hearing of two appostates. When I first got involved with the Watchtower I heard about this horrible man who had been at Bethel and had left the truth and was now teaching against it in my area. The couple that warned me about him were "of the anointed" and had know him at some point. The man was Bill Cetnar. When I got married and switched halls I met a "brother" who was a painter had to a attend a class for the painters union that was being taught by Bill. He told me he could hardly look at him and that you could see he was possessed when you looked in to his eyes. So Bill was the head boogie man in my area along with his wife Joan who I guess she would be classifed as a boogiette or boogie woman. They were feared by all. They moved back east before I left the Witnesses. I did get to meet and hang out with them on several occasions when I left the Wt and they were out here in California. They turned out to be wonderful people and Bill was one of the funniest guys I have ever met.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit