Ramapo denies Jehovah's Witnesses tax exemption

by lrkr 47 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
  • Mickey mouse
  • mraimondi
    mraimondi

they really should start taxing ALL religion.

just taxing the dubs isnt fair

legally, they have even more reason to tax catholicism and other sects...

• Satanus
    Satanus

'just taxing the dubs isnt fair'

Most churches do social work, which is a public service. Since jws don't do ANY kind of social service, i think that it is fair.

S

• PEC
    PEC

$350K on $1.5mil, that is 23.33% annualy. That would be $23,333 a year on a $100K house, or about $2,000 a month. Something just isn't right with those numbers, that is twice what a 15 year mortgage payment would be at 7%.

Philip

• carla
    carla

"I want to discuss with them directly what contributions they can make to the town in lieu of taxes," St. Lawrence said. -- The jw's will not understand going door to door with their cult literature is NOT a contribution to society. The outsiders will not understand that jw's DO NOTHING to help non jw's and will not understand why a 'church' will not help feed, clothe, & shelter the poor. Maybe it will turn into a nice human interest story? Jw's do not contribute in anyway to society, should they get tax breaks?

• recovering
    recovering

jerseys tax rates are outragous could not happen to a nicer group

• lrkr
    lrkr

PEC- $11.5

• lrkr
    lrkr

recovering- Ramapo is in NY. (but we also have outrageous tax rates)

• Gayle
    Gayle

I suspect JWs to win. $400,000 will be a chunk for the community to absorb. And more 'knock-knocks' Saturday mornings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit