Time left is reduced!!!

by crapola 27 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

My mom just told me the theme of the next special assembly day. "The time left is Reduced!" Now how many times have we heard that?

• donny
    donny

I remember studying with this couple in 1982 and how the wife emphasized how close the end was. I still remember her comment "If we make it out of the 80's, I will we shocked!"

Don

• Mary
    Mary

Really?! Geeze, if the Craptower says it, it must be true!!

Here's a nice little quote when they were spewing the exact same line nearly 60 years ago:

"We are to walk in his steps and follow his example, preaching the Word. This is not the time to become lax and indifferent and to think that the battle of Armageddon is far away. "The time left is reduced."-----January 1, 1951 Watchtower: par. 13 Measuring the Visible Part of the Restored City

The Witnesses back then (my grandmothers generation) were just as convinced as the Witnesses today that Armageddon is 'imminent'. How many more decades are they going to keep falling for this crap?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

And 100 years from now they will saying the very same thing, apocalyptic cults just like this one are structured on fear to support themselves.

Spewing out the spiritual fear mongering bullshit keeps the flock working and intact, it worked well for them in the past and

it most likely will work for them in the future, they are not naive about human psychology.

If the organization were to let go of expressed tactic the whole religion might just collapse over on to itself.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Reduced from what to what? "Reduced" is a relative word that has no actual meaning unless you assign data points to it. For everyone of us, time starts being reduced the day we're born.

• sspo
    sspo

It was also said in 1879.

• 3directory
    3directory

Time reduced then why in the UK are Witnesses on TV Grand Designs Building Houses Worth Millions And Getting Businesses Worth Loads Still Making And Building On Sucess see www.rivermediagroup.co.uk to see how they are still trying to make money

• iceguy
    iceguy

I know my time is reduced! Every morning I wake up I'm a day closer to my death!

• crapola
    crapola

I know what you mean iceguy. Time is redused for all of us.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The time left reduced means....not the end of the world...but the "end of the time for the gentiles".

The religions have done their part...they have taken on the Great Commission...to 'go ye therefore and convert all nation.'

Everyone has now had plenty of time to hear their speeches of conform ---or else (or else god will kill you).

Time is up!

They are getting ready for action!

There is a plan and they will be coming for those who have left the church.

They will stop all this enlightenment and truth telling.

They have to do something quick now to maintain their hold on the few they have left.

Why are the census workers out early marking our front doors with GPS?

Wasn't Passover something to do with marking doors, too? I think this marking started around that time.

Perhaps it's to help the stealth 'hand of god' people to find their way in the dark when they come to execute Luke 17:34.

It's not prophecy; it's a script!

"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit