My JW Life... (LONG)

by silent 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi again Silent!

Such a joy to read your posts. Christ's love is welling up in your heart.

Matthew 9:10-13 (New International Version)

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' [ a ] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

John 7:37-39 (New International Version)

37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as [ a ] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Keep us posted :)

All the best,

Stephen

• silent
    silent

Been really busy but I wanted to post a follow up. My wife and I have done the fade and are happily married almost 2 years now. We're working on building up a life we should have been building 20 years ago, so yeah...we're late bloomers but managing quite well. We've gone to memorial and have gotten the evil eye stares and such so after memorial, that's good enough for the year. It's be different if we were liked and respected, but we're not, so I stay away. The fear levels have drastically dropped and I don't get so depressed any more. I don't take any meds other than for weight-related hypertension and I've lost over 30 pounds in months.

I'm doing great. Marriage ain't easy, but it beats being alone and having some supposed gift of singleness (which is nothing more than a hormonal problem or a closet-masturbator.)

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Great to see you posting again, Silent and also nice to hear of another successful fade. Sounds as if you are doing well, but make sure you get help for the depression if you need it (I've had a few episodes and speak from experience).

Also hope you and your wife are pursuing education, formal and fun, and getting some "outside" hobbies and friends. If all your ex-cong can do is give you the evil eye, that's a good reason to be somewhere else.

Retro

• silent3
    silent3

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies. I went back and re-read my posts here and it is really interesting to me to see how thoughts evolve! One thing I've learned about posting thoughts themselves (like on social media or via youtube in a video) is that it leaves a digital footprint - and one that can be hard to remove or redact if one wants to.

Whatever mental state one is in can really evolve and change and when it comes to depression and emotional turmoil, one can say things they flat out don't mean or perhaps don't comprehend the seriousness of until later. I guess the main thing is to try and go in the correct direction and keep maturing, growing, and learning to love! Love is a huge deal that I've missed out on over the years. Love totally puts your focus in the right place or at least helps you and it's a great motivator for all things good.

Lately I've been working on my spiritual growth.

What has helped me on my spirtual healing journey as of late is talking with my Mom and a co-worker. My co-worker is die-hard Catholic and he was encouraging me to get back to praying. I told him that I always felt like I was talking to myself and didn't "get" it. He said, "Well you're supposed to view it as like you would talking to a loving father."

That hit home with me because I've never had a father I could talk to about all personal matters. It would always have to be a stranger or someone else so I just didn't do it. I would never talk about how I felt nor could I ask for help with any emotional/personal problems.

My aging mother and I were able to sit down and talk yesterday and it was a very nice discussion. In fact, a discussion that should have happened years ago.

So the bottom line is that as I've gotten older and started mellowing out, how I felt at that one particular time is not how I feel now.

Love is what it's all about and if you can't feel it, you need to work and gaining it by working through whatever is causing you to not be able to feel it. That's been a big problem for me and it's caused me to say and do things with nothing more than just logical approach to live seasoned with emotional turmoil from unresolved issues. When I addressed some unresolved issues with my Mom, the pain went away and I felt love come through. Same holds true with my wife. I hope many of you can experience this level of love and understanding.

I went on and addressed issues with Mom that I've had with the organization for many years. She listened and gave me some advice and after that, I felt so much better. You see, when you don't feel love, it's all too easy to start shooting arrows of blame. It clouds your judgement and makes you say things you wouldn't say when in a clear frame of mind. I must admit that many of the problems I've had with relatives, close family members, members of my congregation, and the WTBS stemmed from one thing - that was not being able to ask questions and an intense fear of reprisal for wanting to talk about it.

So my epiphany moment I had yesterday left me with love that I can feel for my Mom and Dad. Once being able to feel that, I now understand that living in ones choice of faith isn't a big list of legalistic dos and don'ts (as I had always thought), but rather it's supposed to be a loving guide of support to help us live the best life possible. I *finally* get it now and how to experience love for my family, aging parents, wife, congregation, Jehovah, Jesus, and respecting the direction from WTBS. I simply analyzed what I believe in and decided they are the closest thing to the truth I've ever found. Then I had to analyze my hurts and start to address them. It's uncomfortable as all get out, but it feels so much better afterwards.

I know people will probably heckle me for this update because it may very well not be the hoped-for bashing on the WTBS, but I'm glad to share my journey with you and explain myself about how I felt at one time and how I feel now. I feel deeply for everyone on this forum and hope that if you've been hurt by your beliefs, that you can reconcile them, experience love, and keep growing in it. It's something really special.

Thank You for reading!

silent

• Magnum
    Magnum

Love has nothing to do with it. The JW religion ruined my life with wrong predictions and advice. Love won't remove the crazy, doctrinally inept history of the JW religion. If you're now all about love, then tell me how a loving god could allow all the horror that has gone on for millions of years and is going on now.

Cats are being boiled alive in a market in Asia. Raccoons are being skinned alive (I've seen the video). Can you, in your new "love" frame of mind give me an answer for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit