When the "Anointed" Contributed in Numerous Ways

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Met many anointed in Australia but this is unheard of....my mum is anointed but writes nothing!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I only knew one who claimed to be "anointed."

She was White (of course), and couldn't carry a tune to the well and back!

She was decent enough, zealous for FS to a fault, but could ask the most vexing and insensitive questions.

I don't think she contributed anything to the WT in the way of teaching or interpretation of the Bible.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

At Bethel, I knew most of the newest GB members before they were appointed. They were pretty much company men ...

Billy

This is an eye-opening for me, Billy, as all the anointed whom I knew at Bethel in the early 1970s [before the official inauguration of the GB] were old, except for Dan Sydlik. These fellows of whom you speak must have received the "calling" ... ?????????

Thanks for a whole new look on matters.

The anointed class outside of the GB is nothing but a paper tiger ...

Villabolo

They seemed so connected to Bethel and heaven, IMFO [F=Former].

Thank you!

my mum is anointed but writes nothing!

W007

Likewise. I often wonder if mine is looking down on me!

I appreciate your comments.

She was White (of course), and couldn't carry a tune to the well and back!

Sylvia
    The daughter of an anointed couple studied with me. She was white, of course. Her response to the above would have been 'we love her anyway!'

Thanks for adding to my introspection.

Thanks, everyone!

CoCo

• ssn587
    ssn587

i have a friend whose mother is "annointed as are several other members of his family tree, not one of them has ever been asked for any input into anything the society puts out. That they the "annointed" are the FDS is just another smoke and mirrors issue, designed by the board of governors (the GB) to lie to people about who is putting out this material.

It never ceases to amaze me how I was duped int joing this bunch of BS artists. They are self delusional at best and very destructive literally to the psyche of others.

• flipper
    flipper

CoCo- My brother in law at age 24 was a young elder and he had chemical depression in the early 1970's. He and my sister had returned from Gilead school and they couldn't go to their assignment because my brother in law got sick. He was delusional going to brothers and sisters houses claiming to be of the anointed and that he could walk through walls, etc. His fellow elders in his congregation accused him of being possessed by demons ( go figure ) as most witnesses didn't know anything about chemical depression. But as soon as my brother in law was put on lithium as he is bi-polar - he stopped professing to be of the anointed and returned to being of " the other sheep " class.

I truly feel that over the years there have been a sizeable number of these people claiming to be anointed wanting to go to heaven - because of chemical imbalances or- they are just unfulfilled or unhappy with their lot in life on this earth. Perhaps some are genuine , granted, but with the latest June 15th information on the anointed - the GB doesn't recognize them as contributing anything anymore. The GB is consolidating power and control and they are letting any newbie partakers of emblems know it

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

In the late 1980's I knew a couple in their 60's in North Yorkshire who were both of the "anointed" and they kept in regular contact by personal correspondence with a member of the GB as friends, but I'm not sure if they discussed any opinions on doctrinal matters.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It never ceases to amaze me how I was duped int joing this bunch of BS artists. They are self delusional at best and very destructive literally to the psyche of others.

ssn
    I'm beginning to think likewise, ssn, however loving and sincere my "anointed" friends were. I wasn't aware, obviously, of all the negatives, some of which you've personally seen.

Thanks for your input.

I truly feel that over the years there have been a sizeable number of these people claiming to be anointed wanting to go to heaven - because of chemical imbalances or - they are just unfulfilled or unhappy with their lot in life on this earth.

Mr. Flipper

This makes sense to me now that I've tossed the rose-colored glasses. A family member began partaking the evening that I gave the Memorial talk and continued to do so till her death. What reasons you gave could very well have applied. Thank you, too, for your threads on current WT thinking on the "anointed."

I appreciate this sensible and likely explanation.

[...] were both of the "anointed" and they kept in regular contact by personal correspondence with a member of the GB as friends, ...

yadda

This is probably a common scenario since friends just so happen to stay in touch, regardless of all other extraneous matters. My sister friend wrote on doctrinal issues and actually did see "her" point of view expressed in The Watchtower two years after her sending the question. Thanks for replying.

CoCo

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sorry, I didn't see your post before.

I "knew" four annointed sisters and I annointed brother.

Sister #1 was born about 1930. She was raised as a witness but did not marry one. She said when she was young it was not emphasized as much as today to only marry a witness. She had two kids. She was a lovely, hospitable person. Never made a big deal about being annointed, and never voiced her opinion.This was in central Florida.

Sister #2 was born about 1960. She was raised a witness and married one. She had four kids, I think, home schooled them, and was a pioneer, also in central Florida. Apparently she had been around some annointed as she was growing up, and when she was in her early twenties she started partaking. Strange, very strange. They had no T.V.....too worldly. Don't know that she ever wrote to the society, but I doubt it.

Sister #3 was a real dynamo. She was born around 1920. She had been a missionary in Cuba, where she witnessed to Fidel Castro's family, broke her back falling down some stairs, recovered, and went back to pioneering. Never married...was a pioneer until she could not go any longer. In a tiny room in an old nursing home, she told my husband and me, "Well, this is my room until I go home." If ever there was a person who fit the description of what one would think of as "annointed," she was it.Don't know if she ever wroted the society with any opinions, but I doubt it. Any letter she would have written would have been to ask where to work next. (Also central Florida)

Sister #4 was born, and I am guessing, about 1915. She was not in my congregation,so I knew "of her" and had met her. She was a pioneer who never married. She was known (in her later years) for sitting in a chair with her WT and AWAKE magazines, offering them to passers-by in downtown DeLand, Fla. The last time I saw her "working" on a downtown street with the magazines, she had a somewhat less than clean dress on, and curlers in her hair, dutifully in her chair. This was in the early eighties. I am sure she is no longer with us. I would not know if she ever wrote the WTS.

Brother-Was a black man, born maybe around 1946-had a wife and four or five kids. The boys were the terror of the neighborhood, getting into scrapes with the law, drugs, etc. The twin little girls were precious. One time they told me their brothers watched scary demon movies on T.V. Don't know what his story about how he was annointed was. He was a poor reader, and did not have any position in the congregation. I doubt he wrote to the society offering opinions. He liked to go fishing. (central Florida)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've only spoken to one ''annointed'' - about three years ago. He told me that they all have different gifts - prophesy, healing and interpretation. I asked what his gift was, he replied, 'interpretation' - and that he 'knew' things that the Society weren't yet aware of/teaching. I suggested that perhaps he ought share his 'knowledge' with the Society in that case, but he said that it would be 'running ahead' and not accepted yet.

For the record, I personally believe that anyone claiming to be 'annointed', ie, 'special' is delusional and should be mentally assessed.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Quandry and MidwichCuckoo:

I missed seeing your replies when originally posted and wish to send you a belated thank you!

What a treasure trove of stories, whatever significance they might have in the great scheme of things. I once put great store in all the above, as I believe I've made clear. Reflecting upon these experiences leaves me somewhat bewildered and, ultimately, sad.

Nevertheless, no regrets.

Thanks again.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit