When the "Anointed" Contributed in Numerous Ways

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Morning, Fellow JWNers:

My JW friends and I are discussing the current topic revolving around the downplaying of the anointed remnant's existence and role as contributors to the spiritual growth of the other sheep.

I took very seriously the opportunities I had to aid the many "anointed" whom I knew personally. Those I associated with were not crazy, self-deluded individuals but very devout Christians who helped to ground me spiritually. One in particular was a Jewess who became one of Jehovah's Witnesses circa 1930. We were very close and on the same playing field spiritually, mentally and emotionally. She told me that the anointed were "invited" to write the Society and share their points of view. She was a good friend of Anton Koerber [assistant, I believe, to JFR] and they discussed together her letters to the Society and their possible impact.

The reason that I am putting this subject up again for about the third time on various JW discussion boards is because no one has ever replied specifically to the above.

If you were personally acquainted with any of the so-called Ruth class, did they ever mention their writing to the Society? Were any of the remnant whom you knew truly invested in the Good News and sincerely interested in helping you spiritually?

Thanks very much.

CoCo

• compound complex
  • undercover
    undercover

I only knew one member of the anointed. I never heard her mention corresponding with the Society or any of the GB.

Actually I never heard or saw her do much of anything. She rarely commented at meetings, she wouldn't give talks, she only went in service with her husband and family. I don't know of her ever reaching out to help anyone as far as being more "spritual". She was somewhat of a hermit and loner. As a kid, I got the impression that she was just so much more holy than the rest of us that she was on another plane of existence and we would never understand her.

The truth was, though, that she wasn't quite right. Looking back on it now, I realize that she was an eccentric, strange woman. A good person, a nice person, but just not normal.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I knew two of them. A husband and wife. They were my good friends until I left the WT then I have no idea what happened to them. He was born at the turn of the century and was baptized at Cedar Point convention in the early twenties. They had lived in trailers and pioneer in the 30s and 40s and probably the 50's.

To my knowledge they never wrote the Watchtower to make suggestions and the Watchtower never asked. I remember them making fun of a witness that partook and was planning on offering his services to the WT. There were never meetings of the anointed that they attended where great things happened. They were just good JWs believing everything the WT said and questioning nothing. One of the things I remember about him was they he would tolerate no decent from what the WT taught. I remember one time when I was first studying a friend of mine questioned him on the WT's teaching of the "other sheep". He just closed his Bible and started to walk out. Another time I tried to question him about Russell's teachings about the Great Pyramid. He cut me off very abruptly and told me to only study the WT's current teachings and not to waste my time studying the past. That was the end of conversation. I guess that was how the both of them stayed in their whole lives. They just totally refused to think about what they were being taught. Looking back I now consider it a sad waste of their lives. They weren't kings and priests just dupes of the Watchtower Society.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, undercover, for your reply.

On a discussion board one gets specific answers to questions. I realize now that what I saw and experienced in my little JW world is not necessarily a typical JW occurrence. Others in my circle could have felt different [if registering anything at all] in the same company. Additionally, not all the anointed had friends at Brooklyn.

At best, personal experiences are anecdotal and, while possibly faith-affirming, prove nothing.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• minimus
    minimus

I vaguely remmber a time when the "anointed were invited" to express their views to the Society. In the 60s, JWs were discouraged from regularly writing to the Society. They felt that the FDS has already given the answers to most questions.

Most JWs were honored to be in the company of the "remnant.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, I quit, for a concept totally beyond my former capacity for self-delusion:

Looking back I now consider it a sad waste of their lives. They
    weren't kings and priests just dupes of the Watchtower Society.

You mentioned that your friends believed what they were taught and questioned nothing. When I was in constant company of the "anointed," I was young and idealistic. What you have so simply and clearly pointed out makes sense to me only now.

Thanks for showing me the other side.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Minimus ... a confirmation of what I was told by the sister. It did seem an honor to be in their company.

Now I view those whom I knew as good and sincere people. As to the reality of their hope, ...

Thanks for your input.

CoCo

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

CoCo,

I knew some of the "remnant", but didn't know of any 'Bible understanding' contributions by them. At Bethel, I knew most of the newest GB members before they were appointed. They were pretty much company men, said whatever the publishing company put out there. Although they got to be top dogs in the Kool-Aid factory, casting their votes in the B'klyn boardroom, they were no more interesting or 'spiritual' than many of the OS.

It's a very inbred theology. Most of what they do and say is just more of the same old, same old... just do more, faster, harder. They're in a sinking boat. All their effort is put to patching the holes, no effort is directed to actually going anywhere.

B the X

• villabolo
    villabolo

I knew two of them. One was senile.

The other, a post 1935 anointed, was a socially popular brother. He seemed to be average in his "spirituality". He did not seem to have any connection with the society, was not even an elder. When I asked him how he knew he was anointed he gave a vague answer saying that he could "sense" things like the earth rotating under his feet.

The anointed class outside of the GB is nothing but a paper tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit