You would not believe how my JW friends responded to Flippers' comments

by BonaFide 50 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

So after the meeting yesterday we went for coffee, nice group. Two baptized more than 40 years, one baptized 20 years, one baptized 11 years, and one study that was invited.

Someone had picked up the 6/15 WT so I said, "Wow, what do you think about new light?" They said, "What new light?" I brought out how the Governing Body now is emphasizing they are in charge, not the anointed around the world. Before they said that the entire Faithful Slave brought the spiritual food. Some of them got kinda quiet, one sister said, "Well, I know some anointed that are strange, I don't think they were helping the brothers in NY." That part went OK. But when I said, "Because the number of anointed keeps on going up."

So one sister said, "No, the number is going down." I said you can check, its going up. Then another bro said, "Well, those are replacements." I told him that we had new light on the subject in the May 2007 WT.

NO ONE KNEW THE LATEST UNDERSTANDING. THEY ALL THOUGHT THE NEW ANOINTED ARE REPLACEMENTS. AND THEY ALL SAID THE NUMBER OF ANOINTED IS GOING DOWN.

When I tried to bring this out, one said, "Well, maybe not every year, but gradually its going down." I said, "No, gradually its going up." So they started to get NERVOUS. One of them got up quickly to use the restroom. Then another bro said, "Bonafide, what's the point?" I told I liked the new Watchtower. He said, "It sounds like you are criticizing the WT." I said no I wasnt, I was just talking about the new light. I had to change the subject, because suddenly everyone was so uncomfortable.

Sometimes I think I am helping the people in my Hall to think, and my friends in other Halls too, and other times I wonder if anything is getting through.

I like those comments by Flipper, though.

BF

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Uh-oh.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Bonafide said: Sometimes I think I am helping the people in my Hall to think, and my friends in other Halls too, and other times I wonder if anything is getting through.

Oh, it's getting through, all right.

You are amazing. Keep on keepin' on.

• boyzone
    boyzone

LOL! The cognitive dissonance you caused there bonafide is obvious. All those "mature" long-term witnesses and they still didn't get it??. Boy you must have frightened 'em bigtime. I bet they'll either scurry back to their WT's and check what you said or block out your words and slip right back into the mental comfort zone. Either way, you done good bro.

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- Hey guy ! Glad I could help ! I found it very interesting as well that the June 15th witness only WT is actually telling people not to judge one another if they partake of the emblems now. It used to be elders would be on new partakers like flies on you know what to counsel them of the seriousness of what they were doing ! Not anymore. Hey ! Before you know it they will have 144,000 partaking in no time and they will have all been added in the next 5 years or so ! LOL! How weird would THAT be ? I truly feel the WT society is walking a slippery slope on this issue. Keep on doing your great work in helping these people Bonafide ! You are doing good ! Keep it up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• watson
    watson

Me mums is a major "drone" for the hive. We had a nice discussion about the annointed increase situation. I mentioned that I thought that the next new light we would see is that the "144,000" is a figurative number....she asked, "have you heard something about this?" No, Mom, it just figures.....

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

JW's hate it when you can back up what you say with the societys own literature.

I had a similar conversation with a JW friend. I only stated what the society actually printed, with no commentary of my own.

She didn't believe it until I showed her the proof, and then she said "your just being negative"

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I don't see how anyone can criticize you for talking about the latest in WT doctrine. IMO the WT is counting on people not noticing so much. That's why they release potentially awkward info in QFRs, as has been recently discussed here. Or they make one or two small statements in the middle of an article that changes everything, but won't elaborate or explain it further or act like it was any big deal. Many R&F JWs don't have a clear understanding of what the WT teaches anymore, and I believe the WT prefers it that way.

I think it's great when you point it out to your friends. It will make them think. Eventually they will either start to question more or avoid you.

I wonder, Bona Fide, if you might really be on to something here. Your tactics may be the crack in the mind control armor.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sometimes I think I am helping the people in my Hall to think, and my friends in other Halls too, and other times I wonder if anything is getting through.

I see torches and pitchforks in your future.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

You know, this sounds so much like one of those old Star Trek episodes where the Captain is around controlled people and he has to be real careful because the slightest comment can set them off. JWs are so conditioned to think a certain way and go after any dissenters, sometimes they can't even recognize when their own leadership are the ones making the changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit