ten plagues....was it real blood in the river?

by homeschool 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homeschool
    homeschool

Do most christians and/or JW's believe it was real blood?

• oompa
    oompa

god said it......moses did it.....jews wrote it......it MUST be real blood of course!.........oompa

dammit homeschool......if it is in writing.......you should believe it right?.....you idiot

just kidding!!!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2DUu8SRBNA&feature=PlayList&p=93F934F5E6BD0F3E&index=0&playnext=1

Exodus Decoded seemed to be really interesting. The association between co2 and underground volcanic activity as a connection to the redness of the water and the associated dead fish is really interesting.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The Bible says it. It MUST be true.

• wobble
    wobble

But would it have been O.K for the Jews to drink a "fraction" ?

Love

Wobble

• homeschool
    homeschool

hehe...a babpist priest invited me & my hubby to church last night to see a "motivational" speaker. We thought "sure why not"....it was interesting . I kinda let my mind wander once the guy started bashing homosexuality...but when he started talking about the ten plagues, he got really gruesome in his description of wiping lambs blood on people's doors so their firstborns wouldnt be killed. As he was telling this story with such enthusiasm , I couldnt help but think 'i dont believe god would create life, view life as SoooOOOoo sacred no matter what life it is, and then make people go and grab little lambs for the sake of a sacrifice and have them cut them open and smear their blood on their doors.' If god was so loving, he'd figure out some other swell way to have people honor him and show obedience. thats just freaking gross.

ANYWAY..... nuff about that. it just got me thinking when the speaker was talking about the river of blood. Later, I said to my hubby "do they really believe it was real blood? Do the JW's really believe that?" to which he told me that it was probably red algae or volcanic stuff that made it APPEAR to be blood.

So my question: Is that how Christians and/or JW's view it? Do they really believe it was REAL blood? or do they view it as symbolic? For some reason, it just gave me the giggles thinking about all the goofiness that some people believe.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think the WT has ever made a point to emphasize whether they think it was real blood or just something appearing to be blood. They just say "the river turned to blood" without any explanation of whether it was literal or not.

Now watch, someone will come along with a quote from a 1952 Watchtower or something like that proving me wrong.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes it was real blood so all good servants of Jehovah had to "Abstain" from blood and drink there own urine....or each others, mmmm taste like apple juice!

• thomas15
    thomas15

I have no idea what the JWs believe regarding the river turning to blood (Exodus 7) but this born again believer in Jesus believes that in response to Pharo not letting the Isrealites out of bondage, did in-fact turn the water of the Nile into blood. It is my belief that God created the blood, same as Jesus created the wine from water ex nihilo.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Musta been seriously low in clotting factors!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit