Were YOU A "Good" Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

You asked two different questions.

The thread title asks:

Were YOU A "Good" Jehovah's Witness?

But your actual post asks:

When you look back, were you considered a "good" JW??

I'll answer the first question first. No, not really. I had secret sins. I didn't confess some that a good JW should. I led a double life. I lied about my service time. I grumbled about the sheparding in the congregation, I ignored counsel from the publications - things like R-rated movies and debasing music and entertainment, worldly friends, etc. I didn't pursue Kingdom interests first, the list goes on and on.

The answer to the second question is, Yes, I think I was considered a good JW by most, including elders. I made MS at an early age, was used quite a bit in the hall and circuit. I never progressed to elder due to my own reluctance to do so, but was being constantly groomed for it. Everyone seemed to appreciate my service and work. I was commended by different ones in the hall on a regular basis. I had 'em all fooled, I guess.

• minimus
    minimus

UC, I can't see your post.

• undercover
    undercover

I think I killed the thread...I can't see what I posted, so I'll post again to see if it will trip it over to the next page to un-kill it...

• minimus
    minimus

Now I can.

• undercover
    undercover

heh heh...I am a god...

• minimus
    minimus

damned dope

• mouthy
    mouthy

heh heh...I am a god...

Pull the other leg it has bells on it

• undercover
    undercover

Oh, mouthy...

I'm gonna be a good boy and not say the first thing that popped into my mind...

I wouldn't say it to my grandmother, so I can't say it to you...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh, mouthy...

I'm gonna be a good boy and not say the first thing that popped into my mind...

Well I am happy to here your not gonna tick this Granny off (((HUGS))Good Boy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit