Were YOU A "Good" Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In the very end, I missed meetings

• minimus
    minimus

I missed meetings, gave nothing of myself and always leaved early.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was a good JW kid, but led a double life, we were considered a very spiritual family, mom pioneer, dad elder....yuk.

Nikki

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was a good JW kid, but led a double life, we were considered a very spiritual family, mom pioneer, dad elder....yuk.

Nikki

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not really, dabbled and a real double lifer at times, like thousands are today

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, I never got drunk until after I left the troof.

• jws
    jws

Everyone liked me as a kid. But as I got older and more was expected, I don't think some people thought I was doing all I could. I was shy. I didn't like answering and only joined the TMS when forced to. And I took an interest in computers and some people seemed to think that wasn't a useful skill for the new world. I never liked field service, but went as much as my parents who dragged us along. So at least I put in the time.

As a later teen, I led a double life at school but pretty much kept up good appearances at the hall. When that double life started to include other people from the hall, it came crashing down when somebody felt guilty. After that, shunned by some (not DFed) I decided to ignore them and give this thing a a try. I applied to be an aux pioneer for 7 months and put in over 60 hours each month, but they never announced it, never recognized me as one. A few months later, I kind of stopped caring. Towards the end, I was always coming late. If it was too late, I'd just skip. If you skip, people may not notice your abscence. But if you come in late, they see you coming in late. At one point, a series of moves left me across town, way out of territory. I just didn't want to go anymore. A year or so later, I read CoC and the guilt about not going went away.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Honest to a fault. Including self incrimination. Hard working, obeyed all rules, never dated. It didn't count for squat!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yup good role model - on the platform at CAs - sign language interpreter - elder's wife

nobody knew how messed up I was inside and when I told them they didn't believe me

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, you are very black and white in your viewpoints You'd make a superb "older man".

Min can you find one for me LOL"OLDER MAN about 90 with lots of dough with one foot in the bucket

Lee I used to admire you so much. Standing on the field at assemblies doing the sign language .

Thanked Jah! for giving us a clever ,pretty, gal to "talk" to all those who couldnt speak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit