Change of Heart

by evergreen 33 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I know you SAY you are going back...but you will find your key no longer fits in the door. Your brain hears and translates what you see and read differently now and there isnt anything you can do about it.

But go...you need to go see for yourself. You will be back here. It may take a couple of these SHIFTS for you to finally get it but nobody can make that decision for you.

Good luck.

LD

• parakeet
    parakeet

But the hope is that we may have the possibility of living forever ...

And if you're wrong, you will have wasted your one chance at living a life of freedom.

And if you have kids, you will ruin their childhood, the terrible effects of which will follow them throughout their adult lives. I know. I lived it.

I wish you could see my JW mother. She's in her 80s, her health is steadily declining, and though she is still "faithful" to the WTS, she has become bitter and fearful. She expected to live forever too. She expected it in 1975. She expected it before she would grow old. Now she's facing the prospect of imminent death, which she never expected. It makes me indescribably sad to see her ill, depressed, and disillusioned. This is what will happen to you, too. I'm sorry, but death is the inevitable outcome of living. Don't throw your life away on a delusion.

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

Without this I feel empty and sad inside, knowing that I only have X amount of years left to enjoy life, and that's it. I want to be living to the full in a paradise earth with my family and with other happy like minded people all around me. Yet it takes faith to have such hope. I therefore decided to renew and rebuild up this faith I once had.

I read the post and skipped over a lot of the replies. IMO you cannot "go somewhere" to find faith and hope. If you truly had the faith you wouldn't have to rebuild it. It will come to you by accepting Jesus Christ. You shouldn't have to "go find it." it should be in your heart. You also said that the JW's are preaching the good news. Yay a scripture that was burned into me as a JW. Matthew 24:14. Well I found out there are TRUE Christians out there like the church I belong to and there are missonaries going all over the world and SEVERAL people set up in obscure places. Not to mention persons from the church personally traveling to Mexico which is very dangerous. I also too believed this JW theory and this scripture will be etched forever. I have since found out there there is more scripture WAY more interesting and important. JW's are not the ONLY ones doing preaching everywhere. Not to mention that I almost personally believe technology is fulfilling a part of that prophecy, with the internet and the way people can be reached in ways not possible before.

Either way, I will pray for you....life is a choice and there is but one judge.

Rhonda

• rebel8
    rebel8

Evergreen,

Best wishes to you.

I don't think Jehovah reads this forum though, and you know the way to communicate with Him is prayer.

I'm sure you realize this, so that means you had a different motive for posting your confession/apology here.

What was it I wonder? An unconscious hope that we'd talk you out of it? A ploy to preach to us? Something to think about.

I think you're wrong about the everlasting life thingee. You hold views that are contrary to JW teachings, so you're not eligible.

Again, best wishes with whatever you decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit