Plan to depopulate the Earth...in progress.

by Gill 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I think you once said one day you'll be right and "they" will come for you my friend!! Like in the Mel Gibson film "Conspiracy theory."

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Damn you Gill...lol

lurk3r

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Watched it, and no it didn't prove anything of the sort to me. It is full of unproven assertions and innuendo. It fails to distinguish between ecological footprints of first and third world populations. I could argue that 500 million people driving Hummers, living in McMansions, and eating the Atkin's diet would constitute an unsustainable drain on Earth's resources and ecosystems, whereas 10 billion people living in ecologically designed communities could live long, healthy lives while contributing to Earth's biodiversity and ecosystems. Neither extreme is likely in our future. Instead, we will just see more of the same as this century unfolds. History doesn't repeat itself; it rhymes.

For a more nuanced consideration of population read this article: Blessing or a burden: population, reproduction and the demographic imagination.

Dave

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Dave!

Codex Alimentarius could be a problem if we can't get our vitamins, herbal treatments etc.

I have not been to the doctors for many years and treat myself for everything.

What if I couldn't get whatever herbal treatment I use?

If you want to get sick, go to your doctor.

If you want to get sick and get better, find out how to treat yourself.

Vitamin C is a proven antiviral in mega doses. If you could no longer buy it you would have to depend on tamiflu and other pharamaceuticals......more money for big Pharma!

• Gill
    Gill

Witness 007 - I do say many things 'tongue in cheek' but I think you may be referring to the Black Widow monitoring!

I think we need a tongue in cheek smiley!

• Sad emo
  • PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

From the article I posted the link to:

I recently visited Sturbridge village, a 1830s living history museum that we stop at frequently when we go to visit my family. We happened upon a village worker hatcheting up kindling, and my 7 year old started chatting with him, and asked if he could take a turn. Unfortunately, he was told, the answer was no - there were legal risks if he hurt himself. We assured the gentleman we understood, but noted that my son (with very close supervision) is permitted to cut up kindling at home. The man we spoke to acknowledged that that was one way they were unable to be really authentic - in 1830 if your son, by eight couldn’t keep the woodbox full, or your daughter make a meal from scratch over an open fire, this would be a scandal in the neighborhood. But because of liability issues, and the way we raise children now, this isn’t possible to show. I observed that in Nigeria, I’d read that the average child begins to contribute more to the household than she eats by the age of 6. I wondered at what age most American children contribute more to the households they live in than they consume? For many blue collar households, I’d imagine it is 16-18. For the most affluent families, who subsidize graduate education, it might well be nearly 30 - or later.

This got me thinking about the larger question of how we view each child that comes into the world. I have been troubled for a long time about the ways in which we commodify children in our society - everything from the sense that parents have a “right” to a perfect, healthy child made in their image to the judgements we place on people who cannot keep pace with our increasingly expensive account of what minimum items a parent “must” give their child.

Whose children place a greater burden on the planet's systems? (The wealthy.) Why is that so? Isn't this a purely cultural problem and not something inherent to human biology? Our bodies have simple requirements. Close knit families and communities provide for human social needs and life long security. The abberation comes with cultures that place property above life, turn humans into commodities, and make the acquisition of wealth, if not the sole reason for existence, at least necessary for individual survival.

Dave

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

If you believe that you need bottled "vitamins and herbal supplements" made in factories for optimum health, you've been brainwashed.

Dave

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

How many Okinawan centenarians use manufactured vitamins and herbal supplements?

How to live to 101

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

When they come to confiscate my baking soda, then i'll start taking this stuff seriously.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit