I SAW/MET TWO JWS TODAY

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

THEY BUZZED MY FLAT,saying they were interested in talking to people who were concerned about the ecomonic/financial situation or environmental situation.

They showed/gave me What does the bible really teach.

They aske me when DID I LAST see a jw,I said about a year ago,to which he said he was surprised

• Nellie
    Nellie

Sounds like you're going to be a return visit! Be prepared for many more buzzes! Whoo - Hoo!

• badboy
    badboy

He did say there was a special talk this sunday,and he would telephone to tell me what it was

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BadBoy..You just made a new friend..It won`t be easy to get rid of them..LOL!!........................OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

I've been living in my current house for about 2.5 years now and I've had them at the door once where I was home and spoke with them. The only other time that I know of was the day before the 2009 Memorial where they left the invitation pamphlet in my door. I felt that was a little short notice. (Sorry... I .. uh... gotta wash my hair)

Not to worry though as I get the magazines from my father. I like to critique some of the articles. One such article is the June 1, 2008 Watchtower, p 18, "Make Good Use of Your Curiosity". They seem to have a formula where they start out with such a wonderful positive tone but by the end of the 2nd paragraph have slid into quite the opposite.

So I read on, and then I get to it. The paragraph that kills it for me! And I quote:

"Then there is knowledge that may not be harmful in itself but is actually frivolous and unnecessary. For example, what benefit is there in knowing all about the private life of movie stars or celebrities, in learning the statistics of every sports team and player, or in knowing all about the latest gadgets or the newest models of cars? For most people, being "experts" in thes subjects does not lead to anything beneficial."

Say What? What constitutes frivolous and unnecessary knowledge? Define this. What may be frivilous and unnecessary to the author may actually be vital to me. And the wild conclusion in the 5th paragraph .... 'being "experts" in these subjects does not lead to anything beneficial.' Prove it. This paragraph is completely the opinion of the author ... there is no Scriptural reference (or any other for that matter) to back up this claim. At that point I couldn't take anymore and I put it down.

They are dumbing down their people. And they are trying to control people's minds. Every non-JW I have read that to agrees with me.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeeesh! Heaven, when I read your post.... I thought about the scientific discoveries they discount, like the age of the earth, certain medical procedures, evolution of life, and so on...

Were any of you aware that they (WTBTS anonymous writers) plagiarize articles from current magazines for many of their "Awake" articles??? I wasn't aware of that until I left the cult and looked up a few for myself - usually there's a time-lag of a month or two between the original "National Geographic" or "Smithsonian" (to list two magazines they commonly culled from...) and the subsequent "Awake" mag with the plagiarized piece - of course, they change enough sentences to claim that they aren't actually copying...

Bleah!! clown Zid

• badboy
    badboy

DIDN'T RECEIVE THAT TELEPHONE CALL FROM HIM

• badboy
    badboy

STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THAT PHONECALL

• rebel8
    rebel8

In preparation you should make a list of lots of questions about Noah.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rebel8 is right BadBoy..These guys are experts on Noah and his ark..One of your favorite subjects!..............These people will be happy to talk to you day and night,about Noah and his Ark.....................This is your chance to get a lot of Questions Answered!..LOL!!.....................................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit