JW grandma, unbelieving grandpa and DF'd daughter - babysitting rules

by Bonnie_Clyde 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The grandma just got some instructions from one of the elders on how to handle babysitting her infant grandchild. When the daughter brings the baby to the house, she should hand it to the grandpa. (That's OK because Grandpa has never been baptized). Grandpa can then take the infant to grandma, but grandma is to have no conversation with her daughter. He is going ballistic over this and I can't blame him.

The grandpa has been going to meetings for years, and the elders would love to see him get baptized so they can control him. That will never happen.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Someone with no knowledge of the borg who may read that account and think it to weird to be true. Sadly, I know of too many extreme examples like that.... Control = Cult.

I have just spent an hour with a friend this morning, who faded a long time ago yet still feeling the emotional damage of family in/out. That elder mentioned above needs a good dose of reality.

Mattieu...

• crapola
    crapola

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. What is wrong with the grandma taking the child from the daughter? Crazy, crazy CRAZY!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Those elders need things explained to them,with a BaseBall Bat....................................OUTLAW

• chickpea
    chickpea

how is it i can still be stunned and amazed by anything b0rg???

• Nellie
    Nellie

Congratulations to Gma for finding a way around the stupid rules and opening her arms and heart to her grandchid . . . hopefully, she'll keep them open wide enough to hug her daughter too!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Doesn't babysitting qualify as "family business"?

Besides, I would not allow my child to see his mother being treated like that. I know that the babe is too young right now to understand but kids grow quickly. It will become a problem soon. Best to find another sitter.

St. Ann

• loosie
    loosie

I agree with Outlaw. So grandma is good enough to do the babysitting. I guess the daughter then can hand the $$ for the babysitting to grandpa first, and then he can give it to grandma.

I am ready with my baseball bat where do these dumbass elders live.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Grandma don't talk to daughter. Grandma don't get to see or touch grandbaby. Nuff said.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm with Mrs. Jones.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit