Kingdom Melodies

by GromitSK 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Does anyone else hate them as much as I do? They were so embarrassing I had to have my buttocks surgically unclenched after I got kicked out.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Yes, they are awful. I made sure that the song books went to the garbage when we quit going.

My husband whistles a Kingdom Melody if he wants to get a reaction.

Cellist

• crapola
    crapola

Some of the words did'nt make a whole lot of sense. But I played the piano at the meetings for years so did'nt sing them very much. The melody to most of them was ok.. It's funny , bu I can't read the notes and sing at the same time.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Another thread touched on this a couple of days ago and I had k/melodies in my head all day and actually dreamt of singing them at an ASSembly that night! I looked at a songbook yesterday and read some of the words, for the first time I read them and thought of all the singing over the years and realised that it is all part of mind control/cultish.

Mattieu.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I liked quite a few of the medley's being that my Mom forbade any other music. But the words, wow they're so corny now that I'm out.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

When combined with the tremulous singing at my KH the result was preposterous. I have heard gregorian chant with more life in it. I must admit some of the tunes were OK but sounded like hymns or modern songs adopted. The lyrics at the time made me curl up - looking back I find them positively embarrassing. :) No piano for us - the "sound brother" used to spend ages lining up the track on a record player like he was some kind of DJ.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't even know how that s*** qualifies as "music". Not one of them is worth listening to, and they all have bad advice. Every single one of them is very poorly executed and written.

In fact, I found two of them that were bad by their own standards. They wanted me to throw away all my music that had even mild innuendos or could be interpreted as Satanic--one song had the line "When I think back of all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all". They called that "swearing" and bad language, and wanted me to get rid of that song. Another song on the album had a description of a boy that had dreams of being a Catholic, and was also "bad". However, when I pointed out that songs 27 and 61 pretended that the singer is Jehovah Himself and that, by their own standards was blasphemous, they still wanted me to listen to and SING those two songs.

I think I will stick with real devil worship music. At least that is actually honest.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was at the meeting today and the song was ..........Blaahhh Blaaah blaaaaaah....it was soooo painful to sing!

• yknot
    yknot

LOL....

I was trained by those songs....

Mom plays certain ones in the morning, during chores, for trips and for slowing down at night.

Hell her ringtones are KMs.

I don't mind them, they are part of some of the better memories of my childhood.

Do I think they need to write some new ones..... yes but that won't happen until the WTS lets go of it's 50's focus.

(Great! Now I have 'Forward, You Witnesses' stuck in my head!)

• darthfader
    darthfader

For some reason I remember the Lyric "He Died upon a tree... To set all mankind free..."

Cant remember what song thats from..

Darth Fader

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit