Kingdom Melodies

by GromitSK 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Heh heh, there's nothing worse than waking up in the morning with a stupid kingdom melody stuck in my head. While I've shaken off most of my witness thinking, that one still gets me from time to time.

If it's really bad, I'll just make new words for the song. Something more fun.

- Lime

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

For some reason I remember the Lyric "He Died upon a tree... To set all mankind free..."

Cant remember what song thats from..

Wasn't it "Who Killed Cock Robin"?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Are you guys telling me you don't still groove to the shulamite maiden? Come on!

• wobble
    wobble

Yea I fancied that Shulamite too, I hoped she might, but "Shulamite maiden so lovely and fair" ? Wasn't she supposed to have been of the dark persuasion?

Love

Wobble

• StAnn
    StAnn

Once in a fit of nostalgia, I pulled out my songbook and read some of the lyrics. I couldn't believe just how much it was simply indoctrination and mind control. They don't miss an opportunity to poison your mind. More proof to me that the people who invented and run this crazy cult know it's all a big lie.

St. Ann

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

One time I was about 10 years old I wanted to impress my mother on how smart I was.

I copied the words in one of the songs in the old green book. I wrote them down I read them

to my mother as a poem. She thought I was a wonderful poet! However my father did not fall for it.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I thought they were lame. Didn't one of them sound like the Communist USSR National Anthem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0GejZj4h2c

• rathfear
    rathfear

Wow Tired of the Hypocrisy, thats song 113 - "We are Jehovah's Witnesses"

Having not been at a meeting in years, knowing that is kinda weird. I was the "sound brother" for years so that doesn't suprise me though.

So its a commie soundtrack of the soviet union, oh the irony!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I liked the one about bees being molested. I don't recommend that actually. I happen to know they don't like it.

• cattails
    cattails

How about the song that talks about the bees that were molested.

And the next line says I can always beat them off!

There are some very embarrasing lines in some of them and everytime

a Watchtower article mentions "ass" for a "donkey" I'm totally distracted.

http://seedrack.com/images/TY01.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit