Is The WT A Religion Or a Business?

by Bangalore 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Many claim that the Watchtower organization is a business disguised as a religion? Is this the most accurate way to describe it? Or would you say it is a religious institution with some corporate or business strategies thrown in?

Bangalore

• Colton
    Colton

It's a corporation ... therefore it is a business.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Business got in the way of religion.

Not different from any other major religion (probable exception: some orange-robe monks in tibet).

Thay started a religion, started to organize to be able to operate, and the means got in the way of the ends. Always been like that, always will be.

• sir82
    sir82

Or how about the scariest description of all....a religion run by lawyers.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Braindead, Inc.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

In my opinion, the WT is an authoritarian, high-control religion that uses a business model for operation, growth and expansion. I have learned that this is typical of many cults.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is BOTH - a delightful dessert AND a powerful, fast-acting colon cleanser.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As WinstonChurchill states, aren't all religions businesses. Just some are more successful than others, using various means of collecting large amounts of tax free money - tithing, book selling, collection plates, wills.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is a business..They own thier own religion..They are a major Player in the War machine..The WBT$ and I,are both invested in War!.....The WBT$ owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp.....I own 500 shares of the Rand Cam Engine Corp.......We need a war to make profit.....If we had our way..We`d train house cats to invade a country..Any country..Just as long as they started a nice profitable War!!..................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Many claim that the Watchtower organization is a business disguised as a religion

The only people who don't think the WTBS is a business are the rank and file JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit