Is The WT A Religion Or a Business?

by Bangalore 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Berean
    Berean

I beleive it started out as a religion, but has become purely a business. When I realized that fact I got out.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The WBT$ is a business..They own thier own religion..They are a major Player in the War machine..

The WBT$ and I,are both invested in War!.....The WBT$ owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp...

..I own 500 shares of the Rand Cam Engine Corp.......We need a war to make profit....

.If we had our way..We`d train house cats to invade a country..Any country..

Just as long as they started a nice profitable War!

(OUTLAW)
    Is this really true or a joke? Please, where do I get information about the WTS's investiment in "Rand Cam Engine Corp"
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scott77..The joke is..It`s no joke!.......The WBT$ and I actually do own shares in the Rand Cam Engine Corp..We both recieved our shares the same way..Which is also funny......The WBT$ got thier shares as a gift..I recieved my shares as a Gag Birthday gift..My friends thought it was hillarious!..LOL!!...............I`d like to link you up to some info..But..I`m on dial-up and it`s almost frozen..I am not getting around very fast at all today..........You should be able to find the info quickly if your computer does`nt suck as bad as mine today..LOL!!.............The WBT$ also has shares from the Henritta M.Riely Trust Fund..They include Johnson& Johnson/Harley Davidson/Micro soft..Ect..ect...........A little research will get you a ton of info..........Good Luck!.................OUTLAW

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

A consortium of business ventures , the most heinous of being religious false teachers of the gospel and commercialized it in literature sales.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society of the William Henry Conley and Charles Taze Russell era started out as a business. When the Watch Tower Society was founded in 1881, William Conley donated $3500 of the $5000 original capital. Joseph Russell donated $1000, with Charles Taze Russell donating only $500.

The readers of the company's pamphlets were just readers of the company's pamphlets. They were not organized, they were not a religion. Mostly they didn't know each other. If they were associated with a religion at all, they were an eclectic unorganized group.

Mr. Rutherford hijacked the business and turned it into a political subversion organization. Just read his writings and listen to his rants. It was still a business.

When my dad started dragging us to meetings in 1950 when I was 6 and 7 years old, Jehovah's Witnesses advertised they were NOT a religion. They did advertise that they were a business.

About 1953 Knorr and company were in danger of losing their tax exempt status and they quickly changed their nature and started to advertise that they were now a religion.

Now, the Watch Corporations are just a BIG business and the Jehovah's Witness people are just their customers, fundraisers, and labor pool.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Both. They are a religion because they have a set of rules based on some sacred scriptures, with supernatural consequences for breaking these rules. And they are a business because part of the rules are that people have to go out and sell littera-trash. However, they are trying more to disguise the business aspect to avoid paying taxes--hence, the houndings for more "voluntary" donations.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I didn't realize there is a difference! What religion doesn't make money of their flock? If they didn't they would be out of business. Religion is business under the banner of God. You can study bible for free, if you want to be with a religion it will cost you.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

"ALL RELIGIONS ARE A SNARE AND A RACKET"

Where have I heard that before.

Sounds very much like the businesses of today

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit