Family Worship Night Rule.....

by sweet pea 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

This is very interesting.

It makes me wonder all the more what the REAL reason was for discontinuing the Book Study meeting.

• StAnn
    StAnn

PP, excellent point. Why doesn't someone pipe up and say, "Since we're no longer holding the Book Study in private homes, we want to try to continue in the footsteps of the early Christians by meeting in each other's homes on Family Worship Night. We are all 'brothers and sisters' aren't we?

St. Ann

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    There was a very popular WT study night at a family's house where anyone was invited, and especially singles. The family had four boys, and they thought what better than to have a lively WT study for young people. It was a great place to meet new people.

I used to go to something similar in my younger days. That was busted up too. The elders said that some may see it as a "substitute" for attending the WT study on Sunday.

• StAnn
    StAnn

VM44, I truly believe the book study was stopped because of the child sexual abuse, which is probably why the WTS doesn't want anybody outside of immediate family meeting on FWN, in case there is more abuse going on. It's all about protecting themselves legally, in my opinion. Even though these meetings on FWN aren't sanctioned by the WTS.

St. Ann

• ninja
    ninja

yep they were.....and I wouldn't even begin to bring this up to them......I just leave them to it now......the brainwashing force is strong with this family

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

there had been reports of groups of families and friends getting together to study on Family Worship Night and that this was not to continue

Yup. It was going to happen, and THEY were going to stomp on it. I half-overheard an elder talking about it to someone else a few months ago. He said, "We can't have them making little independent congregations" (words to that effect). I smiled to myself. There'll be a KM Question Box on it in the not-too-distant-future, I think.

• shadow
    shadow

Do you know if this was part of the program from HQ or was it in the needs of the circuit part? Just wondering if this is global or local?

• CHILD
    CHILD

I remember a group of us single JWs used to study together (we had no family members in the borg). We were told we had to stop because it like having another meeting.

• Gill
    Gill

Not surprising since they would not want people getting together and discussing the BS they are spouting.

PRobably one of the reasons that the group study had to go as these meant small groups giving their opinions to eachother.....and we can't have people having opinions of their own.....can we?

• outofservice
    outofservice

Next thing you know they'll ban congregation picnic's........oops to late

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit