Saddest day of my life

by WuzLovesDubs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I followed my instincts that the changes my 14 year old son is going through ran deeper than teenaged angst and I made an appointment for him to see a counselor through the County so he could talk to someone. It took two months to get it. We went yesterday, he and I. I spoke for a little about our life now, including the separation, the house, the JWs, the shunning, my husbands alcoholism and his treatment of the kids, my husbands familial bipolar and depression and ADHD...and then she spoke to my son separately. He was silent whle I was in the room, leaning away from me and not looking at me at all. She spoke to him for an hour. When I was called back in she was handing me the address of a hospital, telling me she wanted him to see the psychiatrist immediately, and to expect him to be admitted there as he was and is thinking about suicide!! I felt every cell in my body go limp at those word. I feared they were true and here they were being confirmed.

I took him up to the hospital, still in shock, and still in silence between us, and in the midst of screaming drunk adults, crying kids, handcuffed prisoners and cops, and Baker Acted people...they put my little boy in a gown, interviewed him and took him away to the adolescent ward. He told them he wanted this, I could not make him go but agreed with his decision, and in fact he was trying to calm and reassure ME because I was hysterical by then...but I saw there was a relief in his eyes, like someone was finally going to hear him. They said he might be there 3 or 4 days. :*(

I would cease to exist if anything ever happened to that little boy....life would cease.

Please keep us in your prayers.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Dear lady, bless your overwrought heart.

You and your son are certainly in my prayers.

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

...the teen years can be torturous during the best of circumstances, but the added stress of which you spoke adds another dimension to it. Thank goodness you persisted in your efforts to get him proper counselling and medical treatment. You sound like a loving and dedicated parent. Hang in there and all the best to you both.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have to leave for work now ,but if you need someone to talk to I am PMing my number to you . I return from work after 4pm . Seriously call if you need someone to listen !

You did the right thing , it will be a long haul you probably know drug therapy can take several weeks to take effect , and it is tricky with teenagers .

• Warlock
    Warlock

dubs.

At least he knows what he needs. Many parents find out when the deed is done.

Because he knows, I think everything is going to be alright.

Warlock

• Robdar
    Robdar

You and your son are in my prayers. I am sending you my telephone number via pm. Call me and I will call you back to save you long distance charges.

Much love to you.

Robyn

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ditto Warlock.

@ wld.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear WLD,

Please be assured of our fellow feeling. Some of us have been through the same or similar with ourselves or loved ones. The reassurance of unconditional familial love, minus totally the constraints of JW strictures, worked in our situation regarding a distressed loved one.

Praying and wishing the best for you and yours ...

Love,

CoCo

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Oh sweetie...I'm sure this is heartbreaking but it sounds like he WANTS help and that is the first step to getting things on track. I'm sending good and healing vibes your way.

((((((((((((((((((((((((WUZ and SON)))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit