Saddest day of my life

by WuzLovesDubs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wouldn't go through the teen years again for a million bucks! Please check your pms. I sent you my phone number.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Your son is very lucky. You are very lucky. Some kids aren't helped and they follow through and no one is more shocked than the parents. Julian is just a year younger. My grandson. I am putting myself in your shoes. I think he's very lucky to get intervention and help.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but thank god your son was smart enough to reach out for help BEFORE he did something desperate. It sounds like he's in good hands.

Please keep us posted as to his progress........I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You are a very good MOM,

You are going to learn alot about yourself and your son,

find strengths you never knew you possessed

and feel deeper love than ever before.

purps

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I'm so glad there are so many here to offer the needed support. And as purps said you ARE a very good mother! You and your family will make it through this. I have a teenage son also, so I can only imagine your heartache. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

*peace to your family*

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

We went to see him again yesterday. He seems a lot brighter and more hopeful, though he was mad about how flippant the psychiatrist seemed to be and how brief that visit was with him. But I explained to him that all the people who have sessions with him make notes in his file and so the doctor already had a lot of information about him before sitting down with him. It turns out my son also is hearing a voice in his head (which he describes as sounding like his own after not having a drink for a very long time) and he sees faces in everything... "black faces mom, and Im not being racist". So he is having hallucinations like schizophrenia. That doesnt run in the family so Im thrown by that. But the doctor prescribed Symbyax, a combination of antidepressive and antipsychosis meds. He said he was anxious to be relieved of these scary things and wanted to finally sleep, so I hope it works for him. He wants to come home but I want him to be there as long as they need him to be to get him settled down.

Im afraid, truth be known, to have him home...how can I ever trust him behind closed doors or alone again? :*(

• mouthy
    mouthy

how can I ever trust him behind closed doors or alone again?
    I would express your fear to the DR.
    I am so happy to hear he is talking about the voices he is hearing.

He is in the best place... Keep your chin up girl, Your going through a tough time
    Storms do pass .I hope yours will real soon. (((HUG))

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Wuz - So sorry you are having to deal with this, but glad that you have your son in a setting where he can receive help in a safe place.

I had my youngest daughter admitted when she was 14 because she started having flashbacks to when her GF molested her and she tried to shoot herself. (fortunately she was not able to get the gun to work. The unlocked gun in the house and the anger at my ex over that is another story) She also took an immediate dislike for the psychiatrist and thought he spoke to her like a real jack-a. However, the counsellors there and the family sessions did help her. To this day she still struggles with depression at times, but she has developed coping skills she didn't have as a teen. Those years are tough on all kids, but for some it is exceptionally difficult.

I understand your fear about him coming home and what the future will be like, but please, take it one day at a time and take care of YOU. Your son will need your help and support, so make sure you have some help for yourself. The strain of these situations is enormous and can really take a toll on your own mental health. Find someone you can talk to and reach out to others just like you have done on this forum.

You have taken the right steps to get him help and that is so good. I will keep you in my thoughts and in my heart.

Mary

• shamus100
    shamus100

WuzLoves,

Sweet baby Jesus! How are you doing? How is your son?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit