What was your first vehicle?

by Blithe Freshman 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Very nice Homer!

• hubert
    hubert

My first bike was Schwinn, 3 speed, hand brake and all.

My first car was a 1940 Studebaker Commander. My Dad bought it for me for $50.00. It was a one owner ! Two old guys in town had bought it brand new in 1940. I got it in 1960. The car is one year older than me. Wish I had it now.

My favorite was my '58 Chevy Convertible, powder blue with a white top.

Hubert

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

1975 Fiat X1/9

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Like Jaguarbass I had a Ford Galaxy but mine was a 1960. The girl I got it from was named Ricky and she had warrants. First day I drove it I was pulled over and questioned! The cop said, "Alright Ricky, you're in real trouble." I said, "Wait, I'm not Ricky. I just bought the car." Gas gauge didnt work, driver's side window was held up with a metal hanger and the brakes went out at a red light once. Boy did that tank ride like a dream. What do you want for $60.00? W.Once

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

1965 Pontiac Catalina with smashed doors on both sides. My dad gave it to me when I turned 16 and got a license. I put a blanket on the ripped upholstery, and I waxed it.

I thought I was the coolest thing ever.

BF

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

1982 Toyota pickup purchased from Elder Uncle in 1988. Dropped 5" in front and 3" inches in back, with 5% tint and a cheap, but loud, stereo system, at least to me. It was also a diesel and would get in the upper 40'sMPG on the highway.

• ataloa
    ataloa
    Like Jaguarbass I had a Ford Galaxy but mine was a 1960.

Me, too, only mine was a 67; I've been thinking all these years it was a 68, but when I looked up the pics, i saw it was a 67. That was some car, only I didn't realize it at the time. A subtle turquoise. Wish I had it now, but my first husband wrecked it. So roomy and so....metal. A real car. With a bench seat so you could snuggle up to your honey at the drive-in movies.

Hubert, I would like to see the 58 chevy convertible; do you have a pic? Was supposed to go to a car show on Saturday, but plans got cancelled at the last minute. We just love the old cars.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

81 Special Edition Pontiac Turbo Trans Am,

Really really wish I still had it now.

• Mary
  • crapola
    crapola

Hey Wha Happened,,, Old pieces of crapola are'nt all that bad!!! lol From,, Crapola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit