Why do you hate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc

by PEC 20 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

I am starting the thread to provide a place for everyone tell their reasons for hating the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

First off I want to say, I do not hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I hate the WTBTS; because, they kill people with their lunatic blood policy and destroy families with shunning.

My mother at age 48, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The tumor could have been removed with surgery; but, that would have required blood so it didn't happen. She went to just about every brain surgeon in So Cal and none could do the surgery without blood. The doctors told her, that if she didn't have the surgery, she might have ten more years to live.

Out of desperation, she allowed the surgeons to use her as a g uinea pig. They open her skull, poke around and take some pictures, chart the tumor's progress and then close her back up. She had five of these surgeries.

The first surgery was for a biopsy, this is when they found that it was not cancerous, not being cancerous, in this case that was bad news, at that time there were no non-surgical treatments for this tumor. She had no symptoms and if she hadn't had the x-ray, they probably wouldn't have been found the tumor for years.

The second surgery was done when she started loosing her sense of smell and taste, she had no noticeable improvement of symptoms or delay in continued loose, from this surgery.

The third surgery was done when she started loosing the eyesight in her right eye; again, she had no noticeable improvement of symptoms or delay in continued loose, from this surgery.

The fourth surgery was done when she started loosing sight in her left eye; again, she had no noticeable improvement of symptoms or delay in continued loose, from this surgery.

The fifth surgery was done when a CAT scan showed that the major veins and arteries to her brain were mostly blocked. This time they tried to remove some of the tumor that was blocking the blood flow. They had to stop when they couldn't control the bleeding. The doctors spent the next two weeks trying to convince us that her low blood counts were due to a bleeding stomach ulcer and not brain surgery.

After this surgery she was in a semi-comatose state for six months, then she went to a convalescent home for four more months, before coming home. It was April when she came home, at that time she had recovered most of the function that she had before surgery #5. She lost 10 out of her last 13 months because of this surgery. She quickly declined from there dieing at the end of June, almost ten year after the tumor was found.

All of this could have been avoided if Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. would have allowed the surgeons to do their job.

Thank you Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

P.S. I could have written another three or four paragraphs covering April to June; but, I wouldn't be able see the screen and you wouldn't either.

Philip

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WOW, PEC. So sorry.

I hate the WTBTS of NY and Pennsylvania because of what it has done to your mother and many others. I have more personal reasons too - but they seem less significant against the backdrop you have painted.

These matters stand out as most serious to me:

• Blood
    • Family destruction
    • Wasting of lives in psuedo-worship

Jeff

• Ri
    Ri

Bacause the WTS is one BIG Ponze scheme--You pay for everything and own nothing.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I don't hate Jehovah's Witnesses. My longest relationships, my entire family - excluding my brother - are all Jehovah's Witnesses. I love them all dearly and pray that they will see the light of truth from the Bible and leave off following a false prophet.

I however, am repelled by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Incorporated.

• it demands blind obedience
    • it relegates 99.7% of it's adherents to a role found nowhere in the Bible - "great crowd" of "other sheep"
    • it changes it's doctrines more frequently than most people change their cars
    • it covers-up the abuse of children
    • it lies about the accuracy of CT Russell's "prophecies"
    • it told "millions now living" that they'd never die
    • it practices shunning
    • it says Jehovah wants people to die than to take a blood transfusion
    • it says they were chosen in 1919 by Jesus, but provides no proof

My list could go on.

I wish all Jehovah's Witnesses would know and understand Acts 1:8 and come to the Christ who alone is able to give them refreshment and life, something a publishing corporation can never manage.

Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life. There is no substitute.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The fact that they kill people with policy and destroy lives and families is enough reason.
    The rest is icing on the Hate-cake.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Because they put people's physical, spiritual and emotional emotional welfare at risk for no other reason than their own survival.

Because they tear families apart.

Because they give God a bad name.

Edited to add: All the above applies to the WBTS. Most JWs are good people trying to lead what they have been taught is a good life.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I hate the way they tear apart families and speaking from personal experiences, growing up JW is nothing short of HELL! You are expeced to be a "little adult" from age 0. No room for mistakes, growing or learning anything but JW issues. I think it stunts development and creates naive uneducated adults that have very little common sense.

I do hate the individual JW's who are arrogant, smug, hypocritical, judgemental know it all's.

nj

• StAnn
    StAnn

I've spoken with several people who have been/are at Bethel and I always ask the same question: do you think the GB knows that this religion is a fraud? They all answer "yes," that there is no way in the world the GB and the members of the writing department can't know that it's all a big, big lie. If the people heading up the WTBTS were sincere believers who truly believed that they were a Christian group promoting true worship of Our Lord and trying to save people's lives, I could forgive a lot of their mistakes. But their belief system destroys people, destroys families, and ends the lives of innocent people. And for what? Power and money.

That is not acceptable. That is why I hate the WTBTS. They are the ultimate wolves in sheep's clothing.

StAnn

• Amazing
    Amazing

I hate some of what the WTS and the JWs do. I do not hate the individuals. I pray for them.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I guess Iam just shallow because I HATE MOST ALL JW's, esp Governing Body, DO, CO, and Elders. They are the worst of the bunch. I have come across very few sincere ones, most all act elevated and have no humility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit