Any mores news / rumors on no COs come 2011 - (winston?)

by tresdecu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

abbagail - I think you're refering to Kline. Henschel was a rather tall man.

• abbagail
    abbagail

OK, thank you DoubtingBro! ;-)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My wife asked my mother about the ceasing of CO's a couple of months ago. My mother is a COW (circuit overseer's wife.) She hasn't heard anything about it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!..When I was a Kid,the C/O visit was a big deal.....He always stayed at our home.....That was the only time my mom cooked on a regular basis.....When the C/O left..So did the food!..LOL!!........................OUTLAW

• boyzone
    boyzone

The CO'S visit was always a bit of a strain. We shared our hall with another cong but for some reason our meetings had to be switched round to other nights the week of the visit. God knows why, something to do with pioneer meetings etc. Made getting kids up for school the next day a pain in the arse. Then he would likely overrun his final talk on the latenight meet and still expect everyone to be out on field service at 9.

Some CO's were great. I remember Richard Cullen and his wife Dana. They were lovely and he was an excellent and lively speaker, great to listen to. Ok it was all WT fodder but beautifully delivered. He also made the kids laugh and kept them engaged, quite a feat for a CO.

On the opposite side was Charlie Scurlock. I think his wife was called Mavis or Doris or something. He was the "field service addict". He was passionate about field service and only spent time with people if he could count it. With a personality of a wet fish, the kids ignored him as much as he ignored them.

I had a shepherding call with ole Charlie about 3 years ago. I was going through a rough time having just found out my eldest lad was gay and been disassociated. Hubby wasn't going anymore either so I was on my own. Charlie, full up with roast beef and apple pie from a lunch at a sister's house could hardly keep his eyes open. The git even had the audacity to suggest it would be a good thing if my son contracted AIDS as this would make him come back.

No, I didn't like Charlie. I don't think many in the Cong did either. The elders certainly didn't.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

JWfacts - glad your wife asked, that tells me this could be an unfounded rumor. I mean a COW, I think would talk with the other COWs and know for sure. (or POW haha). So I will stop asking, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised one day, who knows!?

Also question for JWfacts: Does your CO Pop know you are the creator of one of the best websites (IMHO) out there about JWs? Yours is the one I would show my wife 1st...(one of these days when I get up the nerve)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit